To reward myself for 30 lbs lost....

Options
Krystal924
Krystal924 Posts: 27 Member
I'm getting my first tattoo on Saturday. :tongue: I'm undecided where to get it on my person. My first instinct is the back of my neck. Small and can be hidden with my hair. Its a motherhood knot (minus the top dot). Ideas on where it should go? Is the neck a good spot and would it look stupid with a pink and purple dot (birthstones of my two daughters), instead of black? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

image001-2.png

Replies

• thefreemans28
    thefreemans28 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    First off, congrats on the 30 pounds lost!!!!

Second, I am soon going to be getting a tattoo also and am in the same predicament as you are finding yourself! where the heck do I put this thing?? My thoughts, other than the back of the neck, are the shoulder, foot, ankle, or wrist. All (except the wrist, really) can be very easily hidden should you not want it to be shown at a particular moment. I have heard the foot is terribly painful, and that the wrist is not. I am leaning towards the wrist, myself.
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I like the idea of using the birthstones. It's a great way to keep it unique to you! The neck isn't a bad idea, I would just suggest it is somewhere easily covered if you need it to be. Good luck!!
  • mohawk1971
    mohawk1971 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Great reward for 30 lbs lost! This is coming from someone with quite a few tats, lol. You need to go with your gut on where you want it, cause you have to live with it. If you can cover it when needed for work purposes than its really up to you.
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Cool idea! Personally, I wouldn't get it on my neck, but, maybe on a toe, like a toe ring? Then you could hide it if you need to (work), or show it off with sandals. The ankle? I guess it just depends on if you will need to, at times, hide it? What about the small of your back? Will keep you motivated to keep working out! Do the colored dots for sure!!!
  • ashlinmarie
    ashlinmarie Posts: 1,263 Member
    Options
    I have one on my wrist. It says L'Amour and I had it for 7 months before anyone noticed it. I don't wear sleeves and have a boss that requires tattoos to be covered. I never hid it and he never saw it.
  • svgarcia
    svgarcia Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the loss...
    That sounds nice with the birthstone color.
    Back of neck sounds good..what about on Ur lower back then u could show it off when using a 2 pc bikini ;-)
  • jldaley09
    jldaley09 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love this! I have never seen this and it would be a nice way to represent my kids :) I hope you dont mind me stealing this idea :) I think I would get it on the ankle. Im saving my shoulder for my goal tattoo..
    and I think changing the dots to birthstome colors is a great idea.
  • Krystal924
    Options
    I don't mind at all if you steal the idea. You would just need to decide where to put 5 dots. :)
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I love the colored dots idea and I think the back of the neck is good. I have quite a few tats and, with the exception of wearing long sleeves all the time, can't really hide them which I am OK with. I think the back of the neck is a good place for a tattoo on a woman cause can be covered but it's not the cliche tattoo location for a woman (though still feminen). The only thing i would say to consider is, does your work want to you have any tattoo's covered at ALL times, or would it be OK if your hair moved and revealed it? At my work, I can have NO tattoos above my collar bone PERIOD so I can't do that, but I think that for most civilian jobs it would be acceptible. Good luck and congrats on the weight loss
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the goal met! I got my first tattoo a few years ago. A "Tramp Stamp", so it's called, on the small of my back so that you can only see if it I want you to. Thought it was useless really because there was no way I was ever going to sport any clothing that would show off my lower back. Little did I know that I would lose 50 lbs & be wearing a bikini. I love the tat & even added my kids & hubby's initials to it a few weeks ago. Beware: TATS are addicting - you won't stop at 1. :laugh:
  • Krystal924
    Options
    I have heard they are addicting. If thats the case, I'll possibly get another one once I reach my goal. Thanks!!
  • mgmetts
    mgmetts Posts: 3
    Options
    Congratulations on the loss! And I am so going to steal this tattoo. I love it. I think this will look great on the neck!
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Great job on 30 lbs. gone!!

I love the birthstone idea!
  • Jennplus2
    Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    I think the colored dots is a very sweet idea. Makes it personal to you and your children.

BTW, It hurts! Just saying
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I think it would look really neat at the nape of your neck because its small :) I have 3 tattoos myself. Colors can be a little tricky.... my stepsister is hawaiian/japanese and has very olive tan skin so oranges and hot pinks look great on her skin however i am fair skinned and pinks and oranges might not show up well on mine.. i opted of blues and purples because they stand out more. i would say stick with the blakc dots :) but thats just my opinion maybe have someone henna it on for you or darw it with a pen and use markers to see what the colors would look like thats might give you a better idea :) good luck!!
  • VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the goal met! I got my first tattoo a few years ago. A "Tramp Stamp", so it's called, on the small of my back so that you can only see if it I want you to. Thought it was useless really because there was no way I was ever going to sport any clothing that would show off my lower back. Little did I know that I would lose 50 lbs & be wearing a bikini. I love the tat & even added my kids & hubby's initials to it a few weeks ago. Beware: TATS are addicting - you won't stop at 1. :laugh:

I prefer the term "***** badge" :)
  • awelch79
    awelch79 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am having the same predicament with my new tattoo! Mine is the mother/daughter symbol-both for my mom that lost her battle with cancer in 2007 and for me and my 4 year old daughter as well. I do already have 2 tattoos, a tramp stamp and one on the top of my foot. I would say with 100% confidence, the foot hurt worse & it fades faster. That being said, I am still leaning towards getting my new one on my foot. :tongue: Ive got 8 more pounds to meet me goal weight and thats when Im getting it. imagesCA9GQPH4-1.jpg Mine wont have the flowers-I dont think-
  • svanhoecke
    svanhoecke Posts: 266
    Options
    Congrats! I have a tattoo on the inside of my left ankle. Since is pretty small (about 1inch by 1 inch) there are people that have known me for years that still have never even noticed it. It always cracks me up when people realize it is there. So if you could make that tattoo small enough to fit on the inside of your ankle, I think that is a good place! :) Let us know what you choose!
  • Krystal924
    Options
    Here is the end result! Didn't hurt nearly as bad as everyone said it would. Took maybe 5 min once he got started.

image001-4.png
  • jodazary
    jodazary Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    i would definately get the colored dots that makes it yours i like the back of hte neck thats where im getting my next one im getting a rebel flag shamrock to celebrate my irish hertiage along with my deep southern roots
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!