Really need motivation

Options
I really need some motivation, Im struggling to get my mind set on dieting, I have tried several different things recently but find myself giving up cause not noticing any difference. It doesn't help that I spend a lot of time on my own during the day with my baby and I can find it hard to get motivated to start doing anything, the only thing im doing constantly now is cleaning!! I need to set myself task to do and when to do them by just dont know what to set realistically. I think thats part of my problem I set myself unrealistic goals then get frustrated cause they don't quite go to plan. Or I push myself so hard in a short space of time I put myself off!!!

Replies

• fitkyriel
    fitkyriel Posts: 29
    Options
    struggling to get my mind set on dieting

Well there is your first problem. It's NOT a diet. It's a complete 360 on your LIFESTYLE :)
    Junk food no longer exists to you! You do not know how to navigate through the aisles in the grocery store so you only follow the perimeter!! :):)
    I have tried several different things recently but find myself giving up cause not noticing any difference.
    And this is your second problem. You need to STICK WITH IT. Just pick ONE program and do the entire thing. You (and many many others, including myself) love love LOVE instant gratification.... but as mommy always said, good things come to those who wait :)

Make a to-do list. Stick to it. Just make your goal for the WEEK and not 6 months from now.

Oh, and caps doesn't mean I am yelling.. just emphasizing ;)<3
  • maryd4love
    maryd4love Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    If you know that you are setting your goals to high then lower them. Tell yourself everyday I will do a 15 minute walk after breakfast with my baby. Once you accomplish that then set another one...30 minutes every day after breakfast. You don't have to start off walking an hour before you eat. You need to lower "your" standards for yourself.
  • paintergal73
    Options
    Time to get the stroller out and get walking. I have lost 17 lbs...8 more to go and I feel awsome. I have been over weight for many years and settled into this thought process that it didn't matter what I looked liked or wore. I was a mother and I was married. I felt stuck and very unsexy. Now that I have lost the weight buying smaller clothes and under garments is so much fun. I never cared about my looks. Now I am really looking good and I smile an inward smile when my husbands friends do a double take...nothing wrong making them jealous. Don't give up because you are a mother, overweight and feel like a baby machine...that is how I felt. You need to get up, get going and soon it will come off. You may have a little depression there. Hows the weather ther in England? If it is rainy, get someone to watch the baby for one hour a day. Your husband or boyfriend...that is their baby too...go for a walk!! It clears the mind.
    Paintergal
  • cjasins
    cjasins Posts: 93
    Options
    Keep in mind proper weight loss is a marathon not a sprint. Going slow and steady is the way to get to your goal. If you are looking at a scale you could also trying taking pictures monthly to track your progress and measuring yourself to track inches lost instead of pounds. You can do it!