Am I dirty and gross or am I normal and justified??

Options

Replies

• natersmama
    natersmama Posts: 157
    Options
    if you dont feel gross, then whatever. i personally feel gross. i time my workouts to be before my sons nap time so i can shower while he naps. then later i work out at home after he's in bed, or my husband watches him so i can get a work out in and shower again before bed. its a LOT of laundry! lol. but i'm a stay at home mom. so i have the time.
  • margieward82
    margieward82 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I guess I should clarify:
    - I don't sweat much
    - didn't think about UTI, but will keep that in mind!
    - I don't mind it, just wondering if others do the same... More curious than anything!
    - I don't think I stink much, but who knows!

- and lol @ making hubby breakfast and lunch! I am a teacher, so during the summer my full time job is to be a great mom and wife :) he doesnt get it all year round :(
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Oh I do the same thing.. I think if you shower before your workout your sweet is cleaner lol. I buy nice workout clothes cuz i just don't see the point in changing into clean clothes after the gym so I almost always where my workout clothes for the rest of the day. All I do is wear workout clothes cuz they are so comfy when your taking care of a baby all day.
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    You're a mom. Completely normal and justified :)

QFT.

qft = quoted for truth? quit freaking talking?

i also think it depends on how you sweaty you get and how gross you feel. i've gone for a 5 mile run (believe me, i'm dripping), then stopped at the grocery store (mmm air-conditioning) and went to out lunch all before going home and showering. :D
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. I sweat too much to leave the clothes on. Even after its dried, I am aware that there is a thin layer of dried up sweat (waste) on me... Having said that, I would probably do everything you do but leave the house. I would do housestuff, but I'd have to jump in the shower before I leave. :)
  • kdet07
    kdet07 Posts: 117
    Options
    1. you're awesome. keep it up!
    2. for the uti thing, I'd say have a baby wipe wipe down (w/o changing) just to keep the cleanliness factor.
    3. you could also change your undies!

good luck :)
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I dont shower until Im done sweating for the day.
  • marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    If it doesn't bother you, then it's all good. Just be aware of how it affects your health, some people get rashes from staying in sweaty clothes, others don't, UTIs, etc. :)
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on how much you sweat. If you don't sweat much, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are dripping then you should probably take a quick shower.

I was thinking the same thing.
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to staying in workout clothes. My workouts are always in the evening. I am the most pumped after a run & I get "busy" doing stuff around the house. I take advantage of all the energy, stinky or not. :wink: Once I take a shower, I am DONE. Plus, I don't want to get out of the shower while still sweating. My body takes time to cool down. When I start getting cold, I know it's time to get out of the clothes & hit the shower. :laugh:
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    I guess I should clarify:
    - I don't sweat much
    - didn't think about UTI, but will keep that in mind!
    - I don't mind it, just wondering if others do the same... More curious than anything!
    - I don't think I stink much, but who knows!

- and lol @ making hubby breakfast and lunch! I am a teacher, so during the summer my full time job is to be a great mom and wife :) he doesnt get it all year round :(

The doctor just recently told me that sweaty clothes don't contribute to UTI's. They mainly cause yeast infections, if anything.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    It happens to me, too, when I have rehearsal (I'm a dancer) and then have to go to a meeting, then meet a friend, then go teach, then, finally, go all the way back home on public transportation, all before I shower. =\ I think it's just part of life for those of us who try to "do it all". If I feel really gross, I may give myself a "paper towel bath" in the bathroom, and I have an extra pair of undies in my rehearsal bag in case I need it. But I think it's fine!

Yep! Sometimes I have time to shower/bath and sometimes it is impossible with my schedule. I have done the "short cut" version of new clothes so I can get kids over to the park playdate (where Im going to get sweaty again anyway) or get my groceries. I also workout two and three times per day on some days so the idea of showering three times isn't realistic. (As i sit here, Im in my workout clothes from my run this morning because Im planning on working out in a few minutes.)

On the other hand, if you are going out or going to meet someone for lunch/dinner, I think that a quick shower is recommended so that you dont offend anyone. hehe I guess it all depends on whether you can get away with it or not. :)
  • Ocarina
    Ocarina Posts: 1,550 Member
    Options
    I guess it would depend on how much you sweat. If you don't sweat much, I wouldn't worry about it, but if you are dripping then you should probably take a quick shower.

I totally agree with this. I can't sweat for the life of me so I will sometimes not shower if I'm feeling like I'm going overboard putting hair product in my hair twice... I would love to ignore it but then its a frizzy afro! =P
  • BJPCraig
    BJPCraig Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I'd say it's up to you and how you feel. There are days I stay in my workout clothes for a while because I'm going to have to change later any way. And there are days when I get so sweaty that I can't get my workout clothes off fast enough. Of course, it's a little easier for me. I'm a guy and I usually workout indoors, so 9 times out of 10 I don't even bother with a shirt. I wouldn't recommend you running like that (unless you live in a REAL liberal community).
  • SemperAnticus1643
    SemperAnticus1643 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If you don't sweat much and don't think its a big deal then its cool. I do the same. I recently started wearing one of the slimmer belts so my sweats or shorts (around the edges of the belt) and underwear is soaked when I finish my workout. But by the time I work out its in the evening. So I'm not in my workout clothes all day. My softball gear...I almost immediately go home to shower. But that's sweat and dirt mixed together. Makes for a nice brown river! :)
  • toadiejones
    toadiejones Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I'm a mom with a similar schedule and also often don't shower until after my 2nd workout in the afternoon. I mean, no one else is around me except my kids (and they definitely stink more than me :laugh: ). It doesn't make sense to have a shower only to get dirty cleaning & playing & then working out again. But I do often wipe down with baby wipes and use a dry shampoo if I want to feel refreshed. Plus my hair and skin would freak out if I showered more than once a day!
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Options
    I can totally relate to staying in workout clothes. My workouts are always in the evening. I am the most pumped after a run & I get "busy" doing stuff around the house. I take advantage of all the energy, stinky or not. :wink: Once I take a shower, I am DONE. Plus, I don't want to get out of the shower while still sweating. My body takes time to cool down. When I start getting cold, I know it's time to get out of the clothes & hit the shower. :laugh:

I do this. ^^ However, I'm only in those stinky sweaty clothes for an hour or two before I take my shower before bed. On the weekend I work out in the morning and will wear my workout clothes for a few hours while I putz around the house, cleaning and such. I'll take a shower when I'm done doing house work.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    if it doesn't bother you, it doesn't bother me...
  • JennyJH
    JennyJH Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have very mild OCD and it is mostly under control - but I do shower at least three times a day. This is far too much by most people standards and there are medical reasons why this is unhealthy as it affects the ph balance of the skin. And my shower isn't working properly at the moment due to a water leak!!! So I am a little stressed out. All in all, wanting to shower three times a day isn't the greatest.

But it is what I am personally comfortable with. If you are personally comfortable with your current routine - don't let anyone else interfere. If not,, could you and baby have shower time together? I always took my Youngest son in the shower with me if he wasn't napping.
  • nevareg
    nevareg Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with it, at least you're saving water :)