Best Weight Loss Advice or Tip

Options
For those of you who have managed to lose weight, what is your best piece of advice or tips that helped you lose the weight!?

Replies

• dez_yaoichan
    dez_yaoichan Posts: 454
    Options
    i could really use the help as well! can't wait to see what some have to say.
  • ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    good topic! I want to know too!!
  • kgalea
    kgalea Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Weight training and running... Got me to my goal. If you think you can't run, try the couch to 5k (c25k) program.
  • Dattard
    Dattard Posts: 10
    Options
    Stop eating fruit - natural sugar is still sugar. Fill up with veggies instead.... makes a big diff.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    EAT! You have to fuel your body properly if you want it to lose weight and keep it off. Too many people think you have to starve their body in order to lose weight when in reality the complete opposite is true.
  • barbiex3
    barbiex3 Posts: 1,036 Member
    Options
    give yourself a treat. don't let ANYTHING be off limits. It is literally ALL about portion control.

<3

BMI: 20.3 =] !
  • tlems
    tlems Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Stop eating empty calories (like i just did at lunch) and get back to whole foods. Oh, and, move your butt.
  • Shweedog
    Shweedog Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water!
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Only you can decide what is best for you and your body. If something is healthy and works for you, then keep doing it. When it stops working, try something else. Your body is changing and adapting and you will need to do the same.
  • madworld711
    Options
    the best thing i can tell you is to move and eat in moderation and very sensibly. move everyday. even when you are tired, do something to get your blood flowing. DON'T starve yourself- it will backfire <
    Trust me. Most importantly, don't beat yourself up if you have a bad day (or week even). Realize that you are only human. In other words, don't have that "all or nothing" mentality.
  • Jsnbabb1
    Jsnbabb1 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Weight training and running... Got me to my goal. If you think you can't run, try the couch to 5k (c25k) program. -kgalea

Theres also this great app for the iphone/itouch for couch to 5k...it tells you when to walk/run/cool down...and plays your music! It ROCKS!
  • ancurtis
    ancurtis Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    consistent exercise, tons of water, low sodium, lots of fresh veggies and whole grains. I think watching sodium intake and eating as much fresh and raw foods as can keeps me full and helps me stay on track with weight.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    Weight training and running... Got me to my goal. If you think you can't run, try the couch to 5k (c25k) program.

Weight training for sure, but choose anything you like (and mostly will stick to it) for cardio. Not everyone liked the same cardio workout.
  • kassandra1717
    kassandra1717 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Don't bother trying until you want it so bad your ready to do anything or change anything for good...
  • Dornroschen
    Dornroschen Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    In the past it has helped to remind myself of a few mantras:

1) Food is fuel, not fun.
    2) Nothing tastes as good as skinny (healthy) feels.
    3) Every healthy decision, big or small, is a victory and should make me prouder than the change the scale shows.
  • aehartley
    aehartley Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    women need to lift, and lift heavy... and it is impossible to turn out like arnold, unless that is the results that you want.

You can "cheat" but cheat smart.

pack and prepare everything so you don't have an excuse.

Be miserable with your choice or motivate yourself, whatever has to be done. It is always your choice.
  • minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    cardio cardio cardio., walking/running everyday or every other day.

dont be afraid to eat. you NEED to eat.

stay away from sugar. not always ofcourse, if you want ice cream have the damn ice cream. but dont make it a habit.

limit carbs. carbs are the devil. lol.

dont be lazy. have NO excuses. i am tired as **** from work everyday and i still find the time to go for at least a walk every single day. be determined, and be strong. keep your head up and eyes on the prize
  • oliviabradshaw88
    oliviabradshaw88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No soda pop or fruit drinks (maybe a little bit of natural fruit juice). I had to give that up and all the "bad" stuff like chips and cookies...I still have some if I REALLY want it, but I will only eat a few bites or a serving size. Trying new fresh fruit and veggies has made my diet a lot more interesting:)
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    For me it has been clean eating.....meaning very little processed foods, lean meats, veggies, fruits and consistently hitting the gym. I do cardio 5-7 days a week for 40-60 minutes and strength training 3-4 days a week for 30-60 minutes.....I never allow myself to have an excuse not to just do it because if I did, then I might fall back into the "I'll do it tomorrow" mentality.......Ain't gonna happen! I have also talked myself into loving exercise. We are what we tell ourselves we are......I am an exercise-loving Duchess and I'm starting to love what I see in the mirror... :flowerforyou:
  • khk2010
    khk2010 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    What is working for me:
    Keep going one day at a time. It does get easier.
    Appreciate and love your body each step of the way.
    Set mini goals all the way to your ideal weight. Keep setting goals even after you get there.
    Give yourself non-food rewards and celebrate every big or small victory.
    Keep a journal and write the feelings and emotions that come up around this journey.
    Validate yourself and all you accomplish.