Best Shake Ever!!

Options
2»

Replies

• david_lopez_101
    david_lopez_101 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    @freedomofnow Add some cinnamon, kale and soaked Brazilian nuts to kick it up a notch
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I've been enjoying a simple shake. Ice, water, chocolate protein powder and a banana. Ends up filling 2 big glasses. My wife thought I'd added ice cream to it.
  • freedomofnow
    freedomofnow Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    @VintageFeline both of those sound pretty awesome. I was originally thinking about the more strength training supportive shakes, but what the hell. :)

@rainbowbow Yeah that sounds nice. I've been really enjoying my yoghurt with vanilla whey lately aswell. Perfect late night snack. It's about time it makes it into a shake!

@david_lopez_101 I will give those a go, leaning towards the cinnamon getting a full time membership in the daily shake club.

@grmckenzie That sounds like a great light breakfast! Simple and delicious wins every time for me.

Dat cake though, I will have to make that at some point. :smirk: Also cheesecake.. Mmm cheesecake. Ben & Jerrys Strawberry cheesecake icecream in a shake. It's going to happen!

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    My favorite protein shake is vanilla protein powder, vanilla almond milk, maple extract, and powdered peanut butter with lots of ice to make it thick. A few walnuts for some extra fats.

Another one I like is the vanilla protein powder, almond milk, walnuts, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice.

A lot of times I add extra xanthan gum and let the blender run long to make these extra thick. The consistency comes out like soft serve ice cream. It's not as airy as protein fluff, but much thicker than a thick shake.

I tend to rely on walnuts a lot for fat since I really don't tolerate EFA supplements well at all. I have some major digestive issues with them.
  • kristikitter
    kristikitter Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Or or! The Kinder Bueno shake at that burger place in Hampstead, I forget the name, no matter given it's in London so moot for most users.

I'm like 90% certain I had a Kinder shake at My Old Dutch (pancake house), also in one of their London restaurants. Haven't been to MOD for yeeeears.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Whey isolate, 1/2 banana, 1 T. PB2, 1/2 cup Cashew milk and lots of ice and blend! Yum. I tried it with regular milk and liked the cashew milk better (which normally I find revolting).
  • fallingwave
    fallingwave Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Banana = weight gain for me. I have to settle for frozen strawberries. *sigh*
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    I just blend ice, chocolate protein powder, a banana and water. Surprised at how good it ends up being.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Um, the best smoothie is 4oz Fairlife chocolate milk, 1 scoop of chocolate whey, 1 frozen banana, and a tablespoon of peanut butter and Greek yogurt. Sorry.

:)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options

... this is not how it works. You'd have to eat more than 300 bananas to gain 1 pound.

I don't really understand why people put bananas in everything though. I like them by themselves but not in stuff, lol.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    DELETED. I don't wanna play.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    DELETED. I don't wanna play.

Fess up. It was a banana joke, wasn't it?
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

... this is not how it works. You'd have to eat more than 300 bananas to gain 1 pound.

I don't really understand why people put bananas in everything though.
    I like them by themselves but not in stuff, lol.

it's really the texture that i use them for. They make shakes thick and creamy and they have a pretty bland/non offensive flavor.