Is it normal to gain weight after Thanksgiving even if not much was eaten?

Options
For some reason, I wasn't feeling that hungry yesterday. I had cereal for breakfast. An apple and an an egg for lunch. And I didn't even have the main dinner for Thanksgiving dinner. Just the salad. I topped it with light Italian dressing. A while after dinner, there was regular pumpkin pie for everyone and sugar free brownies because my dad has diabetes. Apparently the brownies were homemade with almond flour, sweetener, eggs, milk, butter, unsweetened, cocoa powder, etc. I'm not a fan of pumpkin so I went for a couple brownies. This morning I've gained 3 pounds! How? I didn't even eat much. Not enough actually lol. Not only that but I'm bloated and have already rushed to the toilet... -_-

Replies

• courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Sounds like inflammation - maybe something you ate didn't agree with you. Maybe the artificial sweetener?
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Stress
  • charlenekapf
    charlenekapf Posts: 309 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I think if you're used to eating very clean or foods that you prepare yourself, there were probably ingredients you don't normally have. Sodium hides in a lot of foods and no, you did not gain 3 lbs. My guess is your body is reacting to eating foods you do not normally have and you're holding onto water weight. Just go back to what you were doing before, exercise, and weigh yourself next week.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It is normal to fluctuate from day to day due to water retention, more or less food in your system, etc. I weigh myself daily and often vary 2-3 pounds from day to day.
  • hassanfarhat522
    hassanfarhat522 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Just water retention, drink lots of water today and you'll wake up lighter
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Normal fluctuation.

I'm going to put this out there, also: your profile says you're 23/f, so maybe some monthly hormonal fluctuations going on too - ovulation/TOM usually means water retention for most.