Hello looking for some help and advice please

Options
Hiya so i started to loose weight last week and done well for one week then i orderd a take away and the next day had chocolate and now i cannot seem to get back on loosing weight i cannot belive i done the first week but went back to old habits im really upset by this i want to loose weight so much i have always went the first few weeks and i keep end up back to where i started by eating alot again

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    How much do you want this?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    cityruss wrote: »
    Take responsibility for your own actions and practice some will-power.

This. Grown *kitten* adult. Fall off the wagon get tf back on. Or you can continue to let yourself be dragged behind the wagon for the rest of your life. Your choice XD
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    What type of calorie goal are you aiming for? Are you overhauling your diet completely? Do you forbid certain foods or label them as good or bad? Do you add a new exhaustive exercise routine? The how in approaching your weight loss can be a strong factor in making it sustainable. Maybe start by just logging all your food for a week or two, without making changes to see what stands out the most to you.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    What type of calorie goal are you aiming for? Are you overhauling your diet completely? Do you forbid certain foods or label them as good or bad? Do you add a new exhaustive exercise routine? The how in approaching your weight loss can be a strong factor in making it sustainable. Maybe start by just logging all your food for a week or two, without making changes to see what stands out the most to you.

This.

For me, personally, cutting out foods and heavy calorie restricting was causing my binges, so I decided to moderate all the foods I usually eat. I find that if I don't deprive myself, and am diligent with weighing my food and logging as well as staying at my calories, I will not be tempted to binge, stick to my plan and lose weight.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with indulging in takeout and chocolate once in a while, but you have to get your *kitten* back in gear. That's all there is to it. Try pre-logging the day ahead. Start the day with a game plan. You can try to work your indulgences into your calorie goal (easy enough with chocolate. Not so easy with takeout.). You can try banking exercise calories (log your exercises on a different day of your choosing to make room for something special). And yes, make sure your goals aren't too aggressive.
  • CaladriaNapea
    CaladriaNapea Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Remember that you aren't just changing a diet, you're changing your lifestyle. This takes time. You will make mistakes--but that doesn't mean that the good decisions you made last week are invalidated. Take a deep breath, listen to the excellent pieces of advice above, and focus on making good decisions today and tomorrow.
  • superstargalaxy
    superstargalaxy Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    It's good that you were able to do one week, don't try and beat yourself up over one little mistake. Building / breaking a habit takes at least 21 days (3 weeks).

Just start your diet again, not tomorrow. Start right now.

If you break your diet again, guess what? Just start it again.. it takes time and effort to change you lifestyle.

Best of luck!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    We all eat more than we intend to sometimes. Back on the horse. One takeaway will not ruin anything, but giving up will.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    One bad day does not a diet break....but you have to get back on track the next day.
  • skinnymam
    skinnymam Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I had Chinese food last weekend but I weighed out my portion, I had chocolate but I logged it.
    You can still have these foods, and not feel like you have blown your diet. Just weigh out your portions and log it.
    It really is that simple.
    Get back to it this week. Your mindset needs to change as well as your calorie intake
  • red99ryder
    red99ryder Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    I would rather have a few bad days a year than 365 of them .. I miss being full.sometimes .. so lots of brochilie and carots do the trick

Good luck
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    The only habit you need to establish right now is eating within your calorie goal. Including the foods you love. Eventually you will learn what foods keep you satisfied and what foods are worth eating once in a while.

Eating the foods you normally eat within your calorie goal will help you stop the cycle of guilt/eating.

The other thing I will mention...for some days you know you are going to eat out you can "bank" calories. Shave off 50/100 calories for a few days and use them for those days.

hope this helps!