Lunch ideas!

Options
Farrell73
Farrell73 Posts: 94 Member
Anyone have any good lunch ideas that are easy and you don't have to heat up? I work as a massage therapist and I don't take a lunch break so I just eat between appointments. I'm getting pretty sick hard boiled eggs, lunch meat, and yogurt. Thanks in advance!

Replies

• maryjay52
    maryjay52 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    i take boneless skinless chicken breast and put it in a pot with a bit of water in it ..cover and steam/par boil and break up into servings .. you can make chicken strips, shredded chicken or just small chicken chunks ..add to anything any day on pasta,rice ,salads ect ... every sunday i cook enough veggies ,carbs and proteins for the week so i can just grab and go
  • ejbronte
    ejbronte Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Tortilla Espanola - aka potato and onion frittata. You can make a few days' supply; you can vary your ingredients; and you can slice and eat it at room temp.
  • bhouse0012
    bhouse0012 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My go to lately has been the Dole chopped salad kits topped with tuna. I separate the salad into two containers and whenever i'm ready to eat, I put a pouch of tuna on it. I really liked the Southwest salad with the sweet and spicy tuna. Super tasty.
  • Farrell73
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
  • AndOne8675
    AndOne8675 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    My go to lately has been sweet and sour beans and Jasmine rice.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Chick pea salad. Add whatever you like. I include either a can of tuna or shrimp, chickpeas, red onion, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and EOO/vinegar. Mix it all up and enjoy.
  • Farrell73
    Options
    My go to lately has been sweet and sour beans and Jasmine rice.

That sounds amazing! Could I get the recipe?
  • Farrell73
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    Chick pea salad. Add whatever you like. I include either a can of tuna or shrimp, chickpeas, red onion, cucumbers, grape tomatoes and EOO/vinegar. Mix it all up and enjoy.

This sounds so delightful thank you!
  • bkbirge
    bkbirge Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I just tried this today...
    1/8th of a whole French bread loaf, the fat fluffy kind, not the skinny crunchy kind
    3 oz of low sodium chicken breast deli
    one paper thin slice of goat cheese, about 0.3 oz, strictly for flavor, I used the Boar's Head brand from the grocery

Low cal lunch, high protein, low salt. Love it. Good thing as I made 7 others yesterday during meal-prep time. I know it's yet another sandwich variant but the goat cheese makes it seem different.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    My standard easy work lunch is rice (cooked in the rice cooker on the weekend), salad (usually pre-chopped coleslaw with no dressing) and Sirena tuna in chilli oil (I drain the oil).
    I can make a bunch of lunches in minutes once the rice is cooked. I don't usually add dressing as the tuna already has lots of flavour and moisture but you could if you were using plain tuna.

Sandwiches are dead easy and if you only have a few minutes to eat between appointments, cut them in half and pack each half separately so it makes it easy to grab and eat one half when you have time, then you can come back for the other one later.

Hommus (or other dip if you prefer) with veggies and/or crackers.

You could take soup in an insulated container so it stays warm til lunch time.

Today I have leftovers from last night - salad (on it's own in the bottom of my lunchbox) with some grilled chicken strips and baby carrots on top. As these bits are all separate, it will be easy to eat a bit at a time if I end up busy over lunch time.

6vjil6cjczhc.jpg
  • Farrell73
    Options
    Thanks so much for the ideas!
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    There's usually enough leftovers for lunch... or Healthy Choice Cafe Steamers .. the best