5'3''
SW: 150 lbs
GW:130

Calorie limit: 1500 calories
Exercise: I want to do 1 hour a day
Rules:
-64 oz of water a day
-no added sugar

Ive been struggling with binge eating disorder for so long now. I hope an accountability helps.

Replies

• socioseguro
    socioseguro Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    @ashleyisnotonfire

I concur with @vespiquenn . You need to revise your expectations
    or do you mean lose 20 lbs by Christmas 2017 (December 2017) ?

You have to remember how long it took you to acquire the extra body weight. I am positive you did not gain 20 pounds in 30 calendar days.
    Just start your healthy journey
    Buy yourself a food scale, weigh everything you ingest, log it at MFP
    If you eat at a deficit (calories burned higher than calories ingested), your body weight will decrease
    Good luck
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    If you mean by Christmas 2017 then yes. But if you mean you are trying to lose 20 pounds by Christmas 2016 (in 1 month) that is completely unrealistic and unhealthy.
    No.
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    You could safely lose 4 pounds of body fat by Christmas, and might lose a little more in water weight. But that's about all I would expect or try for at your weight and height.
  • shaaye11
    shaaye11 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm on a diet where I lose 2 lbs every week. Which is 8 lbs in a month ! Give yourself an extra month with a bit more eating. A month isn't that long , stretch your goal and lose the weight in a healthy manner , good for you !!
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    vespiquenn wrote: »
    You will not lose 20lbs in a month. With only 20lbs to lose, you're looking at about .5lbs a week (aside from water weight loss initially). I suggest you take a more reasonable approach, or you are going to be severely disappointed come Christmas.. or worse. You will lose muscle and be left with a skinny fat look.

This^

Large people can lose large amounts of weight each week.....not true for the rest of us.

Even a 2 pound a week weight loss requires a 1,000 calorie deficit every single day. I would bet your maintenance is somewhere in the low 2000's.

Here's an estimate: 35 YO, 63" tall, female, 5-6 hours of strenuous exercise a week is a maintenance of 2,472 calories. Eating 1500 & doing 6 hours of strenuous exercise only gets you about 8 pounds by Christmas. The smaller you become, the fewer calories you burn (this will slow down over time).

Try for 1 pound a week at most. Learn eating (and exercise) habits that can help you keep the weight off.

http://scoobysworkshop.com/calorie-calculator/
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    shaaye11 wrote: »
    I'm on a diet where I lose 2 lbs every week. Which is 8 lbs in a month ! Give yourself an extra month with a bit more eating. A month isn't that long , stretch your goal and lose the weight in a healthy manner , good for you !!

if someone has less than 25 lbs to lose then they should aim for .5(1/2) a lb a week, anything higher than that is too aggressive. now if you have more than 75 lbs to lose for a short time 2lbs a week is fine. but the less you weigh the less you should aim to lose per week. 20lbs in 2 months is still too aggressive for someone with so little to lose.also the more active a person is the more calories they need to fuel their body and their workouts.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    I can't encourage you either. The target you have set yourself is just too great and were you to achieve it by some reckless means you could make your self ill and or have loose skin, possibly. If you are used to things with added sugar you may well be setting yourself up for a fall before you start. Making yourself workout 7 days a week does not allow for the recommended rest days to allow the muscles to recover. If you are still in this position next year, please start earlier.

Please take care of yourself, set your goal to loose half a lb a week and stay healthy.
  • Debbie_Ferr
    Debbie_Ferr Posts: 582 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    May I suggest you focus on your ACTIONs (that YOU control), and not results.

Remember to Make conscious choices. (btw ~ not making a choice is actually a choice ).

Some realistic / do-able actions might be:

Tracking actions:
    Set your home page to MyFitnesspal, so your start your day on the right track.
    Track all food into MyFitnesspal, even cheat days & binges. Every. day.
    Track all exercise into MyFitnesspal. Every. day.

Calories in actions:
    1500 calories per day for 1st week
    1400 calories per day after 1st week

Calories out actions:
    Exercise at least 30 minutes per day (set yourself up for success !! :) )

Other actions:
    Focus on NSV. ie "Non Scale Victories"
    Baby steps.
    Every day is a new day. Pick yourself up, and dust yourself off.
    Enjoy the journey.
    Celebrate your NSV (non scale victories).

• ashleyisnotonfire
    ashleyisnotonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    May I clarify:

1) I rounded up my weight to make me "feel better about myself". So I "lose more weight than I think I did" Im probably closer to 140 than 150

2) I have a ton of water weight that will go away with ease

I guess I'll change the goal to a little higher...

Tomorrow I'll weigh in and update you guys. Sorry for being unclear :(

• maddiedea
    maddiedea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Clearly everyone knows your life and has to comment on it :# Good luck!
  • ashleyisnotonfire
    Options
    maddiedea wrote: »

Aww thanks so much for the warm reply! I was feeling down after that hoard of replies.

Thank you for not pointing out potential flaws in my plan. Dont worry, I know very clearly my plan looks unhealthy and restrictive, but I purposely made it look like I'll lose a lot of weight. hehe.. I promise I'll be safe <3
  • courtneyfabulous
    Options
    Good luck but please realize we're trying to help you, not discourage you.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    May I clarify:

1) I rounded up my weight to make me "feel better about myself". So I "lose more weight than I think I did" Im probably closer to 140 than 150

2) I have a ton of water weight that will go away with ease

I guess I'll change the goal to a little higher...

Tomorrow I'll weigh in and update you guys. Sorry for being unclear :(

water weight comes and goes for many reasons(sodium intake,TOM,hormones,increase in exercise). so if you are close to 140 the same thing applies. 1/2 a lb a week loss goal.
  • ashleyisnotonfire
    Options
    You do too, right?

Clearly, you don't know unhealthy, don't understand the math of weight loss (to lose 5lbs per week, one must run a 2500 calorie deficit a day...not possible unless OP's TDEE is over 3500) and cannot see that everyone was actually trying to save the poor OP from disappointment, heartbreak and potential harm.

I understand! Thank you for putting so much time and effort into your messages.
    Would it be more feasible if I changed it to 135 lbs?
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    You do too, right?

Clearly, you don't know unhealthy, don't understand the math of weight loss (to lose 5lbs per week, one must run a 2500 calorie deficit a day...not possible unless OP's TDEE is over 3500) and cannot see that everyone was actually trying to save the poor OP from disappointment, heartbreak and potential harm.

I understand! Thank you for putting so much time and effort into your messages.
    Would it be more feasible if I changed it to 135 lbs?

Leave your goal weight as it is, just remove the time limit from it. Do your best, but don't be overly hard on yourself, or overly restrictive. If you lose 2-4lbs/month this first month, that gets you closer to your goal, and keeps you moving forward. Being too harsh on restricting can increase the likelihood of binging. Take your time and learn some new habits along the way.