Running 5 k Tommorrow! HELP!!!!

Options
rileymarcum2003
rileymarcum2003 Posts: 9 Member
edited November 2016 in Health and Weight Loss
Hey guys !! I am running an 5k Tommorrow! I am doing it on a trendmill sadly! I am gonna wake up early and go to the gym any tips or tricks ? !!!

Replies

• RemarkablyUnremarkable
    Options
    I'm hoping your an experienced runner or have conditioned for this run, my first attempt without prep or guidance ended up fracturing my tibia :/ Having said that, a great nights rest, hydration and STRETCH and warmup :) RunnIng a 5k is by first goal <3
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    LushFix wrote: »
    Attach that clippy thing to yourself.

I never saw how I could possibly need that thing, but if I were the OP, I'd definitely use it.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Tips? If you haven't been running regularly, stock up on Ben-Gay and be ready for your calves and thighs to be basically crippled from the DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) for the next 4-5 days.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    have you done any running before now? or are you literally going couch to 5K in one day?

If you have been running then you should probably already have a good idea on what to expect.

So assuming you havent been running I suggest the couch to 5k app, it takes you from walk/jogging to running 5k over a number of weeks.

Apart from that I dont know, I completed the 5k(I think it was more like 4.75 cause I did it at 9.5 km per hour or something, close enough :D) and didnt have any issues, no muscle pain that I recall. Just got on the treadmill, warmed up for a few mins walking, then just ran it.

Bring water.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    eeeeerm.... :huh:
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Try to use farting for your cadence.
  • girlinahat
    girlinahat Posts: 2,956 Member
    Options
    go very slowly. as in just above a walk speed, or even slower.
  • meganwag7
    meganwag7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Why is everyone on MFP such an *kitten*? Snarky *kitten* people. Ugh.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options

I never saw how I could possibly need that thing, but if I were the OP, I'd definitely use it.

You know, I said the same thing. Then I lost my balance and fell and went butt first into my husband's toolbox. I wear it now.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    meganwag7 wrote: »
    Why is everyone on MFP such an *kitten*? Snarky *kitten* people. Ugh.

And what would your advice be, based on the OP?!
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    MommyL2015 wrote: »

You know, I said the same thing. Then I lost my balance and fell and went butt first into my husband's toolbox. I wear it now.

:*
  • bogwoppt1
    bogwoppt1 Posts: 159 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Just walk it, no point doing yourself an injury. As long as you do 5k all is good.

Some people run slower than my walk. True story.