Has anyone ever tried this product? Garcinia Cambogia

Options
Let me know what you thought of the results if any.

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Nah, it's junk.
  • tierra85
    tierra85 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Doesn't work.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    Total junk designed to make your wallet lighter and Dr Oz richer.
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    Having worked part-time for many years in the supplement aisle of a major national organic grocery store that starts with a W...I can tell you that the Garcinia Cambogia used to fly off the shelf, after it was featured on Dr. Oz; however, I don't recall a single customer that ever reported that they lost weight simply by taking it. From what I've ever read, studies are inconclusive.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Results? None, zero, nada! God knows what they put into these weight loss pills and potions, but i can pretty much guarantee that none of them magically burn off your fat. Ever noticed that they always add the caveat of "use in conjunction with diet and exercise" in small print, because is the ONLY thing that produces weight loss.

Also, be aware of Garcinia Cambogia free samples where all you pay for is shipping (This is how they get your credit card details)... This usually locks you into a $200 a month auto ship which is nigh impossible to cancel.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that junk is still around. Eat at a calorie deficit, skip the magic pills and potions...
  • Tricia7188
    Tricia7188 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Fake fake fake. Wish it worked
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Junk. Ripoff. Scam. Woo.

https://examine.com/supplements/garcinia-cambogia/
    Studies in humans, for the most part, fail to replicate this; this may be related to less actual activity of de novo lipogenesis in humans and a much higher level in rats. Some isolated studies do note weight loss, but it appears to be quite variable and unreliable. Many studies also do report subjective appetite decrease, but tend to record dropout rates (how often people leave the study due to being unable to maintain the diet protocol) rather than food intake; even then the benefits are still unreliable and sometimes not present.

Although there is some limited potential for (-)-Hydroxycitric acid as a weight loss aid, the magnitude of effect is quite low (up to 2kg over 3 months) and the benefit is unreliable; making it hard to recommend this compound as a fat burner or anti-obesity agent.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    General rule of thumb:
    If Dr. Mehmet Oz recommends it, run in the other direction.

^ Legit.