Has anyone tried spinning class?

Options
It looks fun, and challenging and you burn tons of calories. What is it like? Is it good for beginners like me? Did you see great results? Did it help with weight loss? How often did you go? I reallyyyy need to tone my legs and butt.

Replies

• rjyoung
    rjyoung Posts: 17
    Options
    I love it! It's great for all levels because you can adjust your intesity as you go. I burned almost 930 calories last night in 45 minutes!
  • Section117_Zolos
    Options
    I spin twice a week for 60 minutes. It was great for a beginner like me (I've been doing it now for six weeks!). You get quite the workout, work up a sweat and feel great afterwards.

I think it has helped my weight loss tremedously and also has helped me stay motivated.

I think everyone one should give it a shot at least once.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    I love spinning. I've always had a lot of success with it. You can make it as easy or as hard as you want to. I really push myself in spinning because I "compete" with other spinners. (the competition is in my mind).

It mostly works the lower body, so you need to supplement it with upper body exercises.
  • vpochman1
    vpochman1 Posts: 23
    Options
    I love spinning class! A great cardio workout. Its nice to mix it up a bit.
  • LBROZ
    LBROZ Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi, Spin is for all levels...it is so much. As long as you have fun energetic teacher. Its the best cardio workout ever and the weight loss is amazing. I did spin 3x a week for 4weeks and lost 8lbs. I will be back to spin...you shoudl give it a shot:)
  • adamcf
    adamcf Posts: 126
    Options
    spinning class is awesome. It's good for all levels. go for it!
  • aejbx4x7s
    aejbx4x7s Posts: 111
    Options
    I took spinning and loved it! I've stuck with it since, except in the summer when I just bike around the city. It's easy on the joints and it's great for beginners because you can discretely lower your resistance if you're having trouble keeping up. It is a great calorie burner and totally addictive!
  • sent4rmabove23
    Options
    I LOVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

Warning: Seat is uncomfortable but you will get use to it and if you don't buy a seat cushion.

It's my #1 STRESS RELIEVER!
  • Foofyknickers
    Foofyknickers Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I like it. Halfway through the class I felt like I wantd to die, so I knew it had to be good! And I felt great afterwards. One thing, though if you haven't done it before...after the first class or 2, you might be a bit sore...er, underneath, shall we say? :wink: Sitting down wasn't all that comfortable for a day or two after! :laugh:
  • MDLNH
    MDLNH Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Great question -

I've been thinking about starting to give "spinning" a try. It is offered at my gym and it's inlcuded in my membership.

Sounds like everyone who tries it --- enjoys it !!!!

* I'm going to check back with this posting for other reviews, comments, thoughts . . .

Mark
  • Jess0218
    Jess0218 Posts: 138
    Options
    I am a HUGE spin fanatic!:bigsmile: It's a great calorie burn for sure and ANYONE can do it. the first few times my ummm "hoo haa" got sore:noway: .... LOL but you push thru and it's all good. :tongue: I did tone up my butt/legs and lookin at pics I can def tell. My legs have strength, it has helped build stamina as well. I would def try it a few times. Go at your own pace and build up. when they tell ya to turn the dial to increase resistance, maybe just turn a smidge, ya know? until you can get the feel of it. Dont be afraid to try it. Our class is awesome with great music to boot and I take it 3 days a week. Im addicted:bigsmile: Good luck to you!:happy:
  • bcbman
    bcbman Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love spin went a couple times a week when I lived in LA. My small retirement community doesn't have any classes sure miss it.
  • Taneil27
    Taneil27 Posts: 253
    Options
    Thanks everyone :happy: Everyone seems to love it! I will definitely try it! I'm thinking maybe twice a week to start, then bump it up to 3 times a week. The other 3 days I will do cardio on the treadmill and lift for upper body strength. I think that sounds like a good plan!
  • mariabee
    mariabee Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I am a HUGE spin fanatic!:bigsmile: It's a great calorie burn for sure and ANYONE can do it. the first few times my ummm "hoo haa" got sore:noway: .... LOL but you push thru and it's all good. :tongue: I did tone up my butt/legs and lookin at pics I can def tell. My legs have strength, it has helped build stamina as well. I would def try it a few times. Go at your own pace and build up. when they tell ya to turn the dial to increase resistance, maybe just turn a smidge, ya know? until you can get the feel of it. Dont be afraid to try it. Our class is awesome with great music to boot and I take it 3 days a week. Im addicted:bigsmile: Good luck to you!:happy:

Oh man Jess, your comments are hilarious. And I'm going to kill my hoo-haa for the first time tonight, weird that I just saw this post... LOL.... hoo-haa, you're funny!!