PLATEAU!!!

My weight hasn't budged in almost a month. I've definitely hit a plateau. Anyone have some good suggestions for breaking on through to the other side?? lol preferably without cutting anymor calories (I'm already at 1200) Thanks a bunch :)

Replies

• zoodalia
    zoodalia Posts: 294
    Sometimes bumping up the calories a little can help, or increasing the amount of exercise you do.

I feel for you though, plateaus are tough, hang in there and the weight will start coming off again:)

x
  • Riebop
    Riebop Posts: 275
    Change up your exercise routine. Something as simple as increasing weight during strength training days or increasing the intensity on cardio days can push you out of your plateau.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Changing up your exercise routine.. our body gets use to the same thing and then hits a plateau, We have to keep our bodies guessing and challenge it ;)
  • casie05
    casie05 Posts: 48 Member
    Try HIIT workouts. They always seem to work for me
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    My weight hasn't budged in almost a month. I've definitely hit a plateau. Anyone have some good suggestions for breaking on through to the other side?? lol preferably without cutting anymor calories (I'm already at 1200) Thanks a bunch :)

with only 11 lbs to go I would suggest changing your weekly loss goal to 0.5lbs/week, and to eat your exercise calories and also add strength training if you don't already. By doing the above you will limit the amount of muscle you lose while losing weight, and a higher intake will help prepare you for maintenance without a large jump in calories.

You could also change up your routine to shock your system.
  • kathywoo10
    kathywoo10 Posts: 139 Member
    Try some ideas from this great blog post:

http://fitnesswithnatalie.blogspot.com/2011/05/most-dreaded-word-in-weight-loss.html

It helped me when I had a plateau!

Good luck!
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Thank you for the question and thank all of you for your answers.. I'm going to put this good advice to use! :)
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    More protein maybe :)
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    I was in the same boat until this week. I have kept my cals at 1200 and worked out hard 6 times a week...running and sprints!!! The weight is coming back off.
  • Would it be terrible to just cheat and go on a fruit and veggie fast for a day to jumpstart the weight loss again? I've done it one time before when I started dieting/working out three months ago but for 3 days and it seemed to cut a lot of bloat...I have started doing light weights about 3 weeks ago, have stuck to 1200 calories, still do a decent ammount of cardio, and eat mostly protein...???