Eat Clean Diet, what did it do for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    bump! I definitely need to look into all of the info everyone provided!
  • HealthyJoJo
    Options
    I followed a 99% raw food diet (used some dried spices and soy sauce, so I can't truly say 100%) for about 6 months. That would be an extreme form of clean eating. I have never felt better. I was full of energy, joy, peace. I was far more social than usual and always wanted to be doing something. I don't think I bothered much with the TV or computer at all, except to find more recipes to try. My creativity soared and everything was just easy and great. Unfortunately I was put into a situation where I had to move in a hurry and spent the next year essentially in poverty. Between my work schedule and having extremely limited grocery money, I slipped back into "dirty eating". I don't think 100% raw is sustainable for me in the long term, but I do try to follow a clean vegetarian diet as much as possible and can say I see a HUGE difference in myself, mentally and physically, when I veer from this plan.
  • cocobeenie
    cocobeenie Posts: 98
    Options
    My eating cleaned up naturally as I got more serious about nutrition. I still have treats now and then and protein powder every day.

Switching to six small meals a day really helps me avoid food coma and bloating from over eating. I feel generally healthy and never gross or heavy from my food. That part is great.

Its a lot of work to cook at home and prepare for entire days though. I'm also still working on the best macro nutrient ratio for me. So far 40c/40p/20f made me feel quite sick and the change to 40c/30p/30f has been working well.

My favorite snacks:
    sweet potatoes
    eggs
    plain yogurt
    almonds
    prunes
    chicken breast
    tuna with mustard
    fruits, especially apples and bananas but whatever is in season.
    Tofu

My regularly made meals:
    oatmeal with blueberries, almonds, and cinnamon
    Pea soup with chicken breast
    protein pancakes made from protein powder
    scrambled eggs with chicken and a little pasta sauce or salsa
    bean mashes
    all veggie soups
  • brnsgrsbody
    brnsgrsbody Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    It did wonders!!! I am still incorporating her principles into my living!!!
  • sarah_ep
    sarah_ep Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    More energy, not pooing as much :blushing: you dont feel bloated...

Ohmy! So, I've been trying to stay away from processed foods as much as possible and have noticed a decrease in pooing as well. I thought something might be wrong with me. Guess not ;)
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    I am trying to get back into eating clean. I didn't use the book or any specific diet. I actually subscribed to Clean Eating Mag and it has TONS of yummy recipes! There are also some on the website...

http://www.cleaneatingmag.com/

When I did 'eat clean' I felt less bloated, my skin looked better, in general I just felt good about myself and the things I was eating...! I went wrong by being too restrictive, I think, so this time I am allowing myself more flexibility, while still trying to eat natural, whole foods..:flowerforyou: Best of Luck!
  • vyvrhovat
    vyvrhovat Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thank you so much! This makes me feel a lot better about incorporating as much of the clean eating ideals as I can into my everyday life. I'm not interested in completely restricting myself from everything, because like others have said, it can make cravings and staying on track difficult. I will look into this magazine, too!

All the snack/meal ideas are super helpful, thanks so much!
  • mlek
    mlek Posts: 110
    Options
    You guys are awesome, thank you so much! This makes me feel a lot better about incorporating as much of the clean eating ideals as I can into my everyday life. I'm not interested in completely restricting myself from everything, because like others have said, it can make cravings and staying on track difficult. I will look into this magazine, too!

All the snack/meal ideas are super helpful, thanks so much!

I just checked out the website and they are offering a promotion where you get two free issues... I don't think you have to commit to anything beyond that either... may be worth a shot if you are interested! Also they have weekly meal plans, and shopping lists if you need a jump start. <-- I found these hard to follow, not because of the meals, just b/c I don't do that well planning meals... it is great for ideas though (what a balanced day / meal looks like)