Seeking New Friends: Rocking the Paleo/Recent AutoImmune Diagnoses

Options
If you're following Paleo (or Paleo AIP) or are a Warrior Living with An Autoimmune Disease(s), please consider adding me as a MFP friend. I'm looking to jump-start my friends list (only 5-6 currently) with similar folks ☺️ - Thanks!

Replies

• singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I don't log but I am an AI warrior
  • Hamsibian
    Hamsibian Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    Autoimmune warrior doing Aip!
  • AliceAxe
    AliceAxe Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I dont have autoimmune disorder but I do have Lyme Disease and other helath problems. I was lookign into paleo and found this informative article

http://www.fitbomb.com/p/why-i-eat-paleo.html
  • taylorrenee2983
    taylorrenee2983 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    i have not officially been diagnosed with an autoimmune diesease yet. but i have an appointment with my rheumatologist this wednesday to get some answers as to what's been going on with me lately. so if you wouldn't mind, i would like to add you as a friend :)
  • akcrowder952
    akcrowder952 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have Celiac Disease and am homozygous MTFHR C677TT. Both can make eating the wrong foods a living you-know-what! Looking to make more friends and encourage each other.
  • mbodinestevens
    mbodinestevens Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Diagnosed Hashimotos 18 mos. ago. Can't seem to stop a slow and steady weight gain, despite increased exercise and better nutrition. Looking for friends with motivation and ideas too.
  • sazzlecrowther
    sazzlecrowther Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey. I'm type 1 diabetic which is autoimmune. My mum has Sjogruns so autoimmune issues look like they run in the family.
  • KcRavassa
    KcRavassa Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm paleo-ish! Feel free to add me, I'm starting over and need friends for food ideas and accountability. :)
  • rocknrobin65
    rocknrobin65 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting, but I'm going gluten free. I don't have celiac, but I can tell a difference in how I feel if I don't eat gluten. I'm also on a sugar hiatus. I did Whole30 (really Whole42) and felt great!! I'm trying to get motivated to make that commitment again.

I'm looking for friends who will be accountability partners. Oh, and I can't seem to figure out how to add people as friends.

Robin
  • PastelSquash
    PastelSquash Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am looking to become paleo to help with my fibromyalgia (not an autoimmune disease, but resembles some symptoms of an autoimmune disease)

I'm taking steps towards paleo eating, but can't figure out how to get started

Anyone can feel free to add me! I don't log much food yet, but I am active on my account and I like to get to know my friends
  • LittleBitMeme
    LittleBitMeme Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have candida and always looking for support.
    Been paleo as well as no dairy or yeast for over a year. Hardest thing ever but my health has improved greatly
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I have been trying to maintain a Paleo WOE since February '16, more or less successfully. Down 34 pounds (59 from heaviest!)

Add me if you like...let me know you found me in this forum.