any ideas for a treat food?

Options
Tomorrow is payday and I'm working. My team get takeaways every night - we work nightshift. However I've been quite happy not to take part in this for the last couple of weeks. I've been enjoying my own food more and that's the truth!
However!
Being payday, I thought I would allow myself a little treat but nothing too bad..
It will be from the Indian, Chinese or fish and chip shop (which sells a lot more than fish!)...

What do you think my best options are?
I don't want to do any damage..

Replies

• wenders123
    wenders123 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I would definately say Chinese out of those 3 options. You can get some pretty healthy low cal options from a chinese menu, and it's still yummy !!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Nothing fried, hold the high sodium sauce. Brown rice and veggies with whatever meat you choose it a pretty safe option.
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Fish is unsustainable and Chinese is so fattening.

Go for the Indian, for sure.
    I recommend Channa Masala--chick peas are high in fiber which your body needs to maintain muscle and get rid of flab!
    Also try some vegetable samosas! Delicious!
  • icandothistrish85
    Options
    Find something that has more vegetables in it than meat or pasta/rice. Have the sauces/condiments on the side and dip your fork prior to eat bite, rather than them dousing the entire meal in fat, calories and sodium (they use ALOT of sodium in those kinds of restaurants). Sip your water with every bite. And ENJOY yourself, that's why it's a treat.
  • mummyflippers
    Options
    Tandoori chicken and plain rice, or plain naan. Yum!
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    See, I knew I shouldn't have read this thread. Now I'm drooling for samosas.
  • pamital
    pamital Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    I'll see where they order from and take the advice from here. It'll probably just be something vegetarian or chicken based. I will avoid the fried stuff for sure.
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    I would say indian with a curry without creamy sauce. Having said that, if its a treat I would have what ever I fancied and just make up for it the day after or with an extra workout.
  • Missylydia
    Missylydia Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Tandoori chicken with boiled rice.
    Lots of protein! And it's not a creamy sauce, and don't eat too mych of it

Omnomnomnom
    xx
  • pumpkinmoccasin
    Options
    Indian

(edited because I had a brain fart)
  • pamital