Thai Food???

Options
LH2011
LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
Going away for the weekend with the girls and we are going to a really top end Thai Restaurant I have never eatten Thai before so any suggestions would be great - however I don't like spicy food and the menu looked to have chilli in most things but I am hoping I can ask them to leave it out. Suggestions thanks all :smile:

Replies

• pattyproulx
    pattyproulx Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    Pad Thai!! Probably my favorite dish ever.
    Red or green curry is absolutely delicious as well.

Thai is definitely my favorite cuisine.
  • tarazena
    tarazena Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Thai and also spent a month there : )
    I agree with the other poster that red and green curries are good- but they tend to be spicy. Good luck finding something not spicy though...eeek
    The idea of Pad Thai is good..it's usually not as spicy as the curries.
    A great choice is rice paper roll (they might also be called cold spring rolls)..they are actually Vietnamese but here in North America they are in all the Thai restaurants. They are like a wrap made of rice flour, and filled with a protein (meat or tofu) and herbs, some veggies and usually comes with a fantastic peanut sauce. These are also a pretty healthy choice.
  • KQmom
    KQmom Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Pad thai and thai egg rolls.. my very favorite!!!
  • Kristhin
    Kristhin Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    OMG Thai is my favorite food I eat it about once a week. I recommend Pad Thai--if they ask you how spicy you want it just tell them no spice, they have all different levels or not at all.

Try the Pad Thai with tofu as the meat!! Thai tofu is sooo yummy. Pad Thai is probably the most popular Thai dish.

Also try a vegetable roll! Those are so good and not spicy.
  • SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Pad Thai!! Probably my favorite dish ever.
    Red or green curry is absolutely delicious as well.

Thai is definitely my favorite cuisine.

Chicken Pad Thai or Shrimp Pad Thai is sooo good but the one I usually get is high in calories :ohwell:

Maybe their soups wouldn't be as much? :drinker:
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Meh Pad Thai is alright but Pad See Ew is so much better!!!!
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I cannot stand hot spicy food either, but LOVED the green curry I had at our local Thai restaurant. I agree that Pad Thai is probably safer and seems really popular with most people. I do not order it because it has eggs and I eat vegan.
  • Marianna194
    Marianna194 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Ooh, lucky you!! I love thai food. I love pad thai as well, but some places make it kind of sweet, and I prefer my main dishes to be salty. If you want pasta, go for Pad Sew (Long flat noodles in sauce with brocoli and beef or chicken). Or you could also try Yellow curry. It's not spicy (you can ask them just to make sure it's not spicy, but the majority of places it's not.) It's chicken with potatoes and onions in a yellow coconut sauce- it's so yummy. You eat it with sticky rice though, so if you're counting be careful about much rice you have- unless you have enough extra calories for it. There's also this amazing soup...i think it's called tom yum? It's lemongrass with chicken soup. Plenty of options!! Enjoy :D
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Massaman curry. It's not a "hot" spicy, it's a flavorful cinnamon-like spicy.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    if they have it get the minced pork & egg tofu with glass noodle soup, quite good for you, low cal, not spicy & delish or a a dish called raad naa, it is fat flat noodles stir fried with veg, meat, seafood, fish, whatever you ask for or they have & served with a bean sauce gravy. not spicy either & really good food.

I married a thai so I know all the best dishes :tongue:
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I have had thai /vietnamese food 4 times this past 2 weeks. I get grilled chicken over vermicelli it has a salad with it. Spring rolls are tasty and the wonton crab cheese is so good. Large portions so you might want to share or take some home. When i eat out there it is under 350 to 600 calories.

btw I hate pad thai. :S
  • TK421NotAtPost
    TK421NotAtPost Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'm a big fan of Thai soups that have lemon-grass in them.....they're delicious and loaded with antioxidants!

Thai noodles (rice based) are great too... I like all of them....
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Lemongrass or Plum chicken are to die for! I'm also a big fan of steamed dumplings and the Chicken Satay (grilled chicken on skewer) hold the peanut sauce if you're concerned about calories though.
  • LH2011
    LH2011 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Thanks all was able to download their menu I'm going for the Tom Yum Soup or maybe the Spring Roll and the Chicken Pad Thai can't wait now