Weakness

Options
emactive
emactive Posts: 4 Member
edited November 2016 in Motivation and Support
I find myself sitting here suppose to be getting ready for date night with my boyfriend, but instead I'm contiplating not going because I don't feel pretty in anything I'm wearing. I don't fit in any of my clothes anymore, and the bad part is I just get upset and get the I don't care anymore attitude. I feel like I've lost my strength, I've given up on myself. I'm 21 years old 5"1 and weigh 175 the weight just keeps piling on. Just looking for support because I'm feel myself spiraling into a depression.

Replies

• BellaEmy
    BellaEmy Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Looking for support as well. Feel free to add me.
  • pineapple_peach10
    pineapple_peach10 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have felt like this many times. Use it as motivation!!
  • kdlong1123
    kdlong1123 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I am also 21 years old. I'm 5"6 and weigh about 175. I literally know how you feel. Many times I have the same attitude and I just feel like giving up. But even the 1% in me knows there's still hope. I still have a chance change. WE still have a chance to make a change in our lives. WE CAN DO THIS SISTER. I just joined myfitnesspal and am looking for/willing to share emotional support as well. Feel free to add me.
  • Arizona_C
    Arizona_C Posts: 1,476 Member
    Options
    Hi girl, I hope you manage to boost yourself to go out a bit, staying home alone when you are depressed doens't bring anything good.

Even if your weight is higher than you like, please try to find clothes that you'd like, you will feel instantly better. A pair of black 40 or 80 deniers tights with a loose cut dress and high heeled boots has been my favorite solution what ever my weight has been.

Ask for support of your dear ones, make them help you to do activites that you like, to help you take focus off the weight you carry. Focusing on other things are so important. The weight will go down eventually, until then it's up to you to get the best out of it.

When you feel better in your daily life, doing activities you like, being sourronded by friends, you will have more positive energy to dedicate to loose the weight that holds you back today.
  • courtneyfabulous
    courtneyfabulous Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    Get a few outfits that fit you for now, then use myfitnesspal to lose the excess weight so you can feel better about your physique and fit back into your old clothes. It really does work, you just need to start.

But what won't get you anywhere is the "I don't care anymore" attitude. And it's not even true- obviously you DO CARE or you wouldn't get upset about your weight and you wouldn't be posting this. What you probably really feel is "it's hopeless, I'm doomed to be this way", but that's not true either...

Just a couple months ago I had the EXACT same experience- I'd been trying to lose weight for a long time, eating healthy and working out several times a week, but I couldn't get the scale to budge! My husband and I had to go out to a friend's birthday party and I felt SO FAT in every outfit I tried and nothing fit or felt comfortable. I felt so discouraged!!

But a few days later I decided to give calorie counting & tracking macros a try because I realized that's what a lot of the fitness people I follow on YouTube seem to do, and they all look great.

It's 2.5 months later and I'm down 10 pounds of almost pure fat (since I was already eating really clean I didn't get any big water weight loss at first like a lot of people do). My cute smaller clothes are all starting to fit again, and I've had to buy SMALLER workout pants because my old ones got too big!!

I still have another 15 pounds to go, but it's been so easy to lose this weight! After almost a year of trying so hard and making very little progress, the total game changer that finally worked was simply using myfitnesspal to help me keep to my calorie goal! I also make sure to get enough protein since I'm quite active & lift weights.

You can make a change and get the body you want, you just have to get control of your calories. You don't even need to starve yourself- I set mine for a really mild deficit of just 1/2 pound per week loss and it's never even felt like I'm on a diet. Don't do any more than 1/2 or 1 pound per week loss rate or it will set your calories too low and you won't stick to it.

Good luck and I hope you feel better soon. Oh and get a digital food scale to help you measure food accurately- they're only like $20 but really helpful.
  • c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Been there, still here. I decided to stop getting more depressed and upset by wearing the way too tight clothing. I made the decision to spend $150 on things I can wear right now and anytime I'm at the mall, I do not buy anything. The clothing I have in my closet that I refuse to give away and the items in the mall are my motivation to keep on tracking and exercising.
    Try focusing on the things that make you feel good (ie hairdos, makeup, jewelry). "When you look good, you feel good" is such a true statement. Just by sprucing myself up, I felt like a million bucks.
    Tackle your weight loss one discipline at a time. When you try to do everything at one time, you're setting yourself up for failure. Each 1-2 weeks focus on completing one task (drinking more water, journaling, exercising, walking every hour if you have a desk job, etc.)
    For me, weight loss really happens when I chose to focus on my habits and not the scale.
  • burnfatty17
    burnfatty17 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I hear and have been there and slowly working back to my new clothes( old clothes that did not fit) add me
  • emactive
    emactive Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of this!! Its really boosted me up.