How did you become your starting weight?.

Options
katiehepp1
katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
I like to hear other people's stories when they like to tell them, how did you become the weight you started at and what made you decide to lose it? I think for me I always grew up being a size 12 while my sister wore size 18 clothes and I always thought I didn't want to be that size, I saw beautiful size 18+ girls but I saw myself looking horrible and as the time went by one day we were sharing clothes and I was a size 18, then this summer I went on holiday with my partner and saw photos of us 2 years back when I was a size 14, it wasn't until I got on the scale when I got back from holiday (we went for a month) and I had put on over half a stone that I realised o needed to change. I was constantly low and looking at my appearance hating myself, not so much now and when I feel low at least I know that I am working on it, it's been just over 2 months now and I finally fit in a medium/large top instead of a XL:) what's your story?

Replies

• Grey_1
    Grey_1 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    I simply stopped taking care of myself somewhere along the way. I never gained that much though, just enough to really make me not like what I saw.
  • dbkyser
    dbkyser Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    Got married, started drinking more and stopped working out.
    Was going to get back to being healthy the first of the year, after year, after year.
  • katiehepp1
    katiehepp1 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    JefferyOC - sorry for the loss of your mother, but well done on the weight you've lost over the 5 months , you've done so well and it inspires me to do better :)
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I went through three months where I didn't get enough to eat at any meal. I spent every moment hungry and tired. When I finally had access to food I couldn't stop eating. Food insecurity lead me to eat every time I got a chance because I feared being hungry again.
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,436 Member
    Options
    I grew up being very thin. In high school my friends called me paperweight. I ate alot but never gained. I gained 75 lbs with my first pregnancy & was not able to loose it all. I gained 60-70 lbs each with my other 3 & not able to loose it all so i ended up at 150 lbs (I'm 5'4") over the last 15 yrs, I gained 40lbs slowly. I never "loved" food like some ppl do & in fact ate healthy. Don't drink soda, hardly ever have fast foods or processed. I cooked from scratch nearly everyday for my family of 6. Usually ate twice a day. I had very busy job in hospital being on my feet doing a lot of walking every day, went to the gym. This is the first time in 15yrs I'm losing weight. lost 25lbs so far, 25 more to go
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,991 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Drinking 3-4 beers a day, eating a whole Little Ceasar's pepperoni pizza each week by myself and eating/drinking whatever else I wanted w/o any regard for the consequences.

OMG. . . How things have changed! ;)
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Options
    Got really sick. And then mad at the world. Gave up really caring i had no friends of family. Whole lot of drinking and i had a hoarding food habit left over from when i was sick and unable to shop much- prepackaged freezer crap. Lol xD
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I had a desk job and was eating and drinking soda and energy drinks practically all day.
  • Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I started out at 7 lbs 3 oz. I had no choice, That's just the way it was.
    My Mammy said "what a pain"

Now she says "what a pain in the *kitten*"
  • PeachesNcreamgal
    PeachesNcreamgal Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I had a *kitten* traumatic childhood but I was thin. years and years of abuse finally caught up with me at 21(2009) as that's when I started seeking comfort in food and got fat. Reached my highest weight in Dec 2014 got back here in Feb 2015.
  • jvcjim
    jvcjim Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I went to bed one night at 160 pounds woke up the next morning and there it all was :)
  • gcibsthom
    gcibsthom Posts: 30,145 Member
    Options
    I was pretty active and had a decent weight, despite a lot of beer and poor food choices...but in 2008 and 2012 I got some serious injuries that kept me out of physical exercise, and I ballooned up to 285lbs. In 2015 I saw a photo of myself and determined that would not be me anymore. I pasted copies of the photo all over the house, especially in the kitchen, and never looked back. 1 year later, I am down 70 lb.
  • Gimsteinn
    Gimsteinn Posts: 7,678 Member
    Options
    I had a stillborn baby girl.. Some part of me died with her and I just got super depressed and started to gain a lot of weight. I was always chubby but nothing like what I became.
  • deadliftsandnoodles
    Options
    I never stopped bulking since i joined the gym 9 years ago
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    I was a lazy "kitten", sat behind a desk 10 hours a day, stressed to the nines all the time, and then had some losses in my life, I ballooned even more after that. I took to self medication and food.. After a period of time I was able to get my mind headed in the right direction, lost the weight and started on fitness aspects, 3 years in and I am still going strong.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    When I met hubs I started gaining, actually it was probably after I left my ex husband. He was always onto me for having too much body fat or not working out enough. eventually after remarrying I got pregnant and ate everything and I was lazy and just didn't bother losing the baby weight. I fit into size 12 and the odd time size 14 at my heaviest so I wasn't huge. But ya lazy, complacent. I grew up a skinny kid so it was just a few year thing. Not life long so it was weird. I didn't like it.
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    University. Freedom and food. Fortunately I didn't have enough money to eat out every meal.
  • dc8066
    dc8066 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Poor self control and that instant gratification thing among the other contributing factors