I didn't get the dress...

Options
But that's not necessarily a bad thing! I went shopping today over lunch and was checking out the clearance dress rack (like I always do...if it's not on clearance, I don't buy it). I found a really cute dress and as usual, it wasn't my size and it was the only one left. I told my friend that it was a size smaller that what I'm wearing now and she said to try it on anyway because dresses fit differently. Now, keep in mind, I have a fragile ego and don't like to try on different sizes because I don't want to be disappointed and get all sad about my progress. I know, I have a little confidence issue to work out.

Well, long story short, I tried on the dress and IT FIT! It zipped, the little ribbon belt tied and the little jacket that goes with it even fit. WTH? Ladies and gentlemen, that's a size 12 we're looking at in the mirror. Considering that I have 16-18's in my closet, I'm ecstatic! I showed my friend and she tells me that I have to get the dress. On sale, it would have been around $24. Truth be told, I didn't want to take it off!!

I did take it off, took it up to the register and lo and behold, it wasn't on sale. Boo. I was so tempted to just buy it and be happy but I knew I would be disappointed with spending the money. Besides, it won't be the last size 12 I try on... :wink:

Replies

• tlzidon
    tlzidon Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    That is great. Dresses are always hard to tell how they will fit until you do try them on. At least you got a NSV out of trying it on. Keep it up!!!
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    congrats!!! We have similar goals!!!
  • mshedlock
    mshedlock Posts: 9
    Options
    Good for you! How did you get the short term goals? I've been trying to figure it out and can't seem to.
  • Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    Not to mention that the size 12 will be so temporary! It is SO hard economically-wise when dropping sizes!
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC!! :):):)
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Great victory!
  • dragonflydi
    dragonflydi Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Gotta love it when a shopping trip ends up better than expected ... even if you don't take anything home! Congrats!
  • SheilaSisco
    SheilaSisco Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Not to mention that the size 12 will be so temporary! It is SO hard economically-wise when dropping sizes!

Lol! I know, right!? That's why I buy flowy stretchy dresses about a size smaller than I normally wear... it might not look super fantastic at first, but because of the style, you can go down a few sizes and still have it look pretty good!

And congrats on the size 12! You'll be a 10 before you know it! :)
  • littlesuzieq
    littlesuzieq Posts: 103
    Options
    Good for you! How did you get the short term goals? I've been trying to figure it out and can't seem to.

Thanks! I just made them up by looking at where I want to be eventually and then setting some semi-challenging goals. I want to be able to accomplish them but I also want to push myself a little. I tried to base them on a 1.5-2 lb. weight loss per week.
    Gotta love it when a shopping trip ends up better than expected ... even if you don't take anything home! Congrats!

I would actually prefer this kind of shopping trip!!! Thanks!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!