seinfeld

Options
Karb_Kween
Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
Seinfeld is like Nickelback to me .. is there a reason that people love and rave it as "the greatest sitcom ever made" that I'm missing

Replies

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    Its Funny ?
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    It's funny because it's like real life. It kind of finds the humour in real life situations.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Never really ever got into Seinfeld. Its really dry and not all that funny to me..
  • vikinglander
    vikinglander Posts: 1,547 Member
    Options
    I never found Seinfeld funny as a stand-up comic, at all. The show, on the other hand, was hilarious because of Larry David and the writers, and the other three lead characters: Kramer (my fav!), George and Elaine. As a New Yorker, it resonates particularly well.

As stated in the earliest episodes, "...a show about nothing!"
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    No soup for you!!!

All the annoying people you've ever met in this life get their comeuppance. Repeatedly. >:)
  • UrbanFarmerCoco
    UrbanFarmerCoco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You see, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.
  • UrbanFarmerCoco
    UrbanFarmerCoco Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Terpdad wrote: »
    You see, you know how to take the reservation, you just don't know how to hold the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them.

Haha! Ever see the out takes of that scene? JLD couldn't not crack up during that scene! Haha

Never seen the outtakes, but it's one of my favorite scenes. Used it at Best Buy after reserving an item and then they didn't have it when I got there. The kid behind the counter was too young to get the reference.
  • Karb_Kween
    Karb_Kween Posts: 2,681 Member
    Options
    I was watching New Adventures of Old Christine when I was wondering about this, I like JLD just not Seinfeld

Nickelback knows how to work instruments too
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,368 Member
    Options
    maybe it's a generational thing. We oldies like the humour of Seinfeld haha
  • Coachjr29
    Coachjr29 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Best show ever! The shows on today suck just like SNL. Not much depth to humor now.
  • EZDUZIT68
    EZDUZIT68 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    "Look away Jerry, I'm hideous!"

My brother is a cellar dweller (lives in my parents basement.) The door to the top of the basement stairs opens to the kitchen. I don't know if he comes busting/sliding through it like Kramer every time but he does when I'm there and I love every second of it!