Jergens® natural glow Daily Moisturizer

Options
I have super fair skin (almost white). I have been using this stuff for a few days. I had to mix it with regular lotion because it felt like there was a light burning sensation when putting it on raw. What is your experience with this lotion?

Replies

• Edestiny7
    Edestiny7 Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    What do you mean 'it hurt'? If it burns, you are having an allergic reaction to it, and should discontinue use.
  • dakoerber
    dakoerber Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I didn't notice much of a difference using it so I use Loreal Self Tanner and use it when I need it - not every day.
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    What do you mean 'it hurt'? If it burns, you are having an allergic reaction to it, and should discontinue use.

Yeah, definitely DO NOT use it if it burns! I've been using it for a few years now (usually every other day or I turn orange), but it never burns. That's a bad sign, I'd stop using it immediately if I were you.
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    Yeah, it shouldn't "hurt"! It does make your skin smell like dirt after a few hours, as most self tanners do. And it really stinks if you workout while wearing it!
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options

agreed, the words "hurt" and "raw" shouldn't be in a lotion description! If I just shaved my legs it stings a little, but I have sensitive skin so any lotion with any fragrance does that.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    If it hurts don't use it that's not good.
  • cdngrl81
    cdngrl81 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    I am super pale too, and when I used it I had orangey streaks on my shoulders. Everyone raved about it and similar products, but I have found that most products have left me with all kinds of streaks no matter how much I exfoliate. The only thing I have ever found that works is a spray tan I got at a spa last year (but it is super expensive and doesn't last long). So I have decided to embrace my pale-ness a la Nicole Kidman.
  • SandraD89
    SandraD89 Posts: 809
    Options
    I also super white but that stuff has helped me have a little tan. Its awesome.
  • NenaM812
    NenaM812 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I love this stuff!! But I learned if you use it every day, it starts to get splotchy and almost peel off. You really shouldn't use it though if it burns. That could be bad! Try St. Tropez once a week, or a spray on tanner like Neutrogena Micro Mist. Or if you like the gradual thing, then you could get something like St. Tropez or Loreal Sublime Bronze (my fav DS tanner, but it has some glitter, so watch out) and add it to your daily moisturizer and you'll get a nice subtle tan. You reallllyyyy don't wanna use something that burns!
  • cabul3
    cabul3 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    i am also very fair-skinned. Jergens didn't burn, but when you stop using, it fades very streaky :o(
    i much prefer the Olay brand moisturizer + gradual tan
  • brancakes
    brancakes Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I've used it but yea if it burns, don't keep doing it! Try banana boat spray tan. no streaks and it smells like a margarita and dries super fast :) I'm white and I don't turn orange with this!
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    I've used it, and never had a problem. I've got super-fair skin with a lot of freckles, and found it worked really well for me, though sweating was never a good thing with white t-shirts, haha.

That being said, I agree with everyone else, if it burns, you shouldn't use it. Burning indicates that your skin is having a bad reaction, whether allergic or just superficial. Do you usually put it on after shaving? Your skin could be reacting to that. I noticed if my skin is more raw, like I tried shaving with a dull razor (never a good idea), lotion will end up feeling terrible when I put it on, no matter what lotion it is.
  • CMillikan08
    CMillikan08 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    i definitely agree that u shouldnt use it if it burns. i dont have super pale skin and i tan fairly easily but my skin is sensitive. alot of naturally pale skin types are hyper sensitive. if ur looking for a sunless tanner that wont burn or sting when u apply it u might try looking for something more natural at a tanning salon rather than something from a department store. alot of the "cheaper" ones have ingredients in them like lanolin which is sheep fat as fillers and and are not so good for those with sensitive skin. also alot of times if u save the receipt and a product gives u a reaction like this u can return/exchange it. good luck on ur quest for a good sunless tanner. Im a fan of Playboy Glitz sunless spray tanner.
  • myukniewicz
    myukniewicz Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    i used it for a while - but it smelled terrible so i stopped ha ha :)
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    I used the generic version and apparently my skin is impenetrable to color because it didn't work for me at all. And I used 2 bottles of it! Oh well, staying ultra white is nice..I can run at night and be spotted easily :laugh: