Looking for accountability partner(s)!!!

Options
Hey everyone! I'm just getting started again and am looking for some friends to check in with on a regular basis (ideally daily) so we can hold each other accountable and stay on track to meet our goals!!!

A little about me:
I'm 29 and recently moved in with my boyfriend in a new city and started a new job... I also have a sick mom, so stress and a lot of changes have definitely affected how I've been eating and how often I work out. I've gained about 15-20 pounds this year and have been a lot less active. I know if I can get some good habits in place, I'll be able to improve in a lot of different areas, I just need a little help. :)

Please message and/or add me if you think we might be a good fit! :)

Replies

• peteypabl0_
    peteypabl0_ Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This sounds like a wonderful idea. I need an accountability partner.
  • LalaLovesPo
    LalaLovesPo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey there! Feel free to add me. I pretty much only use mfp for the food log and instagram for social stuff, i also am on Fitbits app. If you got instagram im on there daily.
  • onetimeatbandcamp
    Options
    Same here. I'm Stephan 29 yr as well... I had knee surgery in June and couldn't walk for 3 months now that I'm walking again. I'm back in the Gym. That's where I feel I belong. Lol. Nice to meet u all!!! Much love.
  • rhjones0611
    rhjones0611 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there y'all,
    Just weigh in after holidays, gained 6 lbs. Need accountability to get back focus.
  • rhjones0611
    rhjones0611 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    How dobwe begin? This is my first time here..
  • XGorgeous007
    XGorgeous007 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! I have also had double knee surgery and couldn't walk for a year. Doc said I would never walk again but here I am insanity crazed hehe Shawn T does wonders. Anything is possible you just have to get motivated and DO IT! Definitely tough when you want to be active but are busy etc. Putting in work will get you there. I'm in for accountability partners!

Stay blessed
  • jsettlemoir
    jsettlemoir Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to lose a few pounds before my husband gets back (he's active duty military and deployed). I lost a couple of pounds a month ago but have put on 5 pounds the last 3 weeks. He will be here Dec. 10 and staying for two weeks before leaving again and I really waned to look good for him. I understand the stress of caring for an ill parent. I've gone through that in the past. Right now, I don't have that situation, but my children that still live at home have been very stressful! I have felt like the last few months that I don't have time to even count calories so I've just been trying to eat less and exercise more, but that's not working. I'm eating a lot more than I realize but not logging it. So, after not doing FitnessPal in a long time, I'm starting today!
  • bboyd223
    bboyd223 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Hey Catherine, what are your goals? Are you a runner? A lifter or a combination? Are you counting calories? How often are you working out?

I'm counting calories (1700 daily) trying to run 3x a week and gravity exercises 2x a week (situps, pushups, etc...)I could use someone to help keep me focused too!! Let me know if your interested.
  • catherine1187
    catherine1187 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm looking to eat healthier/less... I'm going to try eliminating gluten and dairy. Much less drinking too... I often have too much fun on the weekends and it's hard to make up for it. So I will be keeping track of calories and working on portion control.

My workouts currently consist of primarily cardio but I am going to try to mix it up with yoga/Pilates and some lifting. I used to work out almost every morning, but I've been in kind of a rut lately, so I need to get back into a routine for sure! I'd love to help however I can! :)
  • walkingforward
    walkingforward Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I've been on MFP for 5 years on and off (mostly on). I have had a few accounts but sticking with this one (I like the name). I'm Gary, in Australia. I am so close to goal weight but still have a ways to go in overall fitness (just quit my job to have surgery, so no gym for a while, and a tight budget). I had best results when I started addressing my excuses. That is a big one. Anyhow, I am over 30kg lighter and always happy to chime in now and then. If you send me an FR (friend request), and your profile is hidden, please add a bit of info about yourself and that you are looking for an accountability partner.
  • LalaHouston
    LalaHouston Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Add me! I'm about this business! I'm a mother of 7 and I am so determined and I'm completely focused. AND I WILL HOLD YOU ACCOUNTABLE