150 lbs to 130 lbs by Christmas [accountability]

Options
2»

Replies

• nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I just looked at your profile. Reading it makes me sad. Please be kinder to yourself.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    oh and ashley? you are NOT the fat friend.
  • ashleyisnotonfire
    ashleyisnotonfire Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    I just looked at your profile. Reading it makes me sad. Please be kinder to yourself.

I try very hard to be nice about myself. Thank you for caring about me, guys
    Ill change my bio now
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Ill change my bio now

It's more about the way you are talking about yourself. I know it can be challenging to be kind to yourself, but honestly, life gets so much better when you realize how great you are as a person, independent of your weight.
  • ashleyisnotonfire
    Options

Ill change my bio now

It's more about the way you are talking about yourself. I know it can be challenging to be kind to yourself, but honestly, life gets so much better when you realize how great you are as a person, independent of your weight.

I couldn't agree more!
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Ill change my bio now

I couldn't agree more!

I know it's easier said than done.

To change your age. On the site: >My Home >Settings >Update diet/fitness profile

There is a spot to enter your date of birth. (I was wondering if your age was incorrect)

On the app: >Settings >Profile >Date of Birth
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    You're not going to lose 20lbs of fat weight. Not likely 10 either. Ambitious but that can be a deterring factor for many who don't even get close to it.
    Realistically, 1% of your body weight a week is what you should expect.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • ashleyisnotonfire
    Options
    sbrandt37 wrote: »
    Ashley, speaking as the father of a diabetic son who has struggled with eating disorders, with nothing but compassion for your situation and your best interests at heart, please hear me when I tell you that your posts read like someone who is still wrestling with very unhealthy ideas about food and weight. You expressed unrealistic and dangerous weight loss goals, apparently misrepresented your age and weight, and reacted defensively to obviously well-meaning people trying to help you avoid hurting yourself. While MFP may be useful to you, it really seems like you may need more help than MFP or the people on this forum can offer.

Thank you so much for the compassionate words. You revealed more about me than I could ever reveal to myself. I really appreciate everything you said and I am doing my best to receive help outside mfp.
  • sbrandt37
    sbrandt37 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I am so glad to hear that. Good luck with your journey. Your response tells me that you are very well equipped to deal with it.
  • jskidmore8913
    jskidmore8913 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I'm 5'4" and gained 25 lbs this year after I started my current job. I love working but I am addicted to sugar. I NEED TO STOP!
  • jskidmore8913
    jskidmore8913 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Ashley, I'm starting tomorrow. How have you done the past couple of days?
  • ashleyisnotonfire
    Options

Hey! I've actually switched up my goals and decided to not do this anymore. I would love to be diet buddies, but I have a history of disordered eating and I don't think it would be best for you :(

Anyway- I wish you the best of luck! You can do it, I know you can!
  • ashleydtalarico
    ashleydtalarico Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I will not support such drastic weight loss, but I've got about as much as you to loose and will happily support you within a reasonable time line! I could use the accountability as well
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Hey! I've actually switched up my goals and decided to not do this anymore. I would love to be diet buddies, but I have a history of disordered eating and I don't think it would be best for you :(

Anyway- I wish you the best of luck! You can do it, I know you can!

This makes me so happy to read. All the best. Keep working with your professionals!
  • maddiedea
    maddiedea Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Reading through all of these... Just wow. I think it's clear everyone here understands calories in, calories out. Intake - TDEE = Deficit, 3500 calorie deficit = 1 pound lost. I'm not an idiot and Ashley isn't either.

Majority of the comments on here were nothing but belittling. Instead of giving her support and offering her advice on what is more reasonable, you look down on your high horse and tell her you won't support her weight loss journey. It's sad, really.

I just had to rant, my apologies. But this thread is a prime example why I never post on these forums.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    maddiedea wrote: »
    Reading through all of these... Just wow. I think it's clear everyone here understands calories in, calories out. Intake - TDEE = Deficit, 3500 calorie deficit = 1 pound lost. I'm not an idiot and Ashley isn't either.

Majority of the comments on here were nothing but belittling. Instead of giving her support and offering her advice on what is more reasonable, you look down on your high horse and tell her you won't support her weight loss journey. It's sad, really.

I just had to rant, my apologies. But this thread is a prime example why I never post on these forums.

they arent supporting what her weight loss goals WERE, because they were not healthy, or sustainable. she has an history of disordered eating and people were just telling her that it was unhealthy to lose so fast with so little weight to lose. I think you are reading into something that isnt really being said.she gets that now.I dont see where anyone said anyone was an idiot.just because people know what a caloric deficit is doesnt mean they know what a healthy one is.
  • samchez0
    samchez0 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Way too aggressive of a goal and too much restriction is going to cause you to binge even more.
  • dangle0905
    dangle0905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    as a former amatuer boxer this is actually do able. just mostly in water weight. I use to cut weight for tournaments. most i did in one month was 20 lbs. It was a lot of hard work though. i was eating 1500 calories. worked out 6 days a week. two times a day. lost my fight because i drained myself. after that won 9 straight fights after i stop doing that *kitten*. lol its not healthy is what im trying to say but its definitely doable lol