THURSDAY DAILY CHALLENGE

Options
THURSDAY DAILY CHALLENGE: SOMETHING A LITTLE DIFFERENT. I WANT EVERYONE WHO IS GOING TO PARTICIPATE TO ADD TO THIS. I AM GOING TO ADD MY FAVORITE WORKOUT, AND YOU ADD YOUR FAVORITE WORKOUT (KEEPING IT AROUND 10 MINS TO 20 MINS) AT THE END OF THE DAY, THE CHALLENGE IS TO DO AS MANY OF THE WORKOUTS THAT YOU CAN. LETS SEE WHO DOES THE MOST!!!! KEEP CHECKING BACK TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE ADDING! AND AS ALWAYS, DRINK UP YOUR WATER!!! WHO'S IN??

MY WORKOUT I AM ADDING IS: WALKING 20 MINS 3.0 MPH OR MORE (BRISK PACE)

GET YOUR GAME FACE ON AND REALLY CHALLENGE YOURSELF TODAY!!!! IT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL PROUD!!!

Replies

• atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    After some thought, knowing everyone may not have access to the equipment I do, how about leg extensions? Leg Extentions: Lay on the floor. Lift your legs extended about 6 to 10 inches off the ground. Bring both knees together up to your chest then extented your legs out again. Do three sets of ten.
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    MayMaydoesntrun Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I'm game again! This is awesome! I love push ups even thought they don't love me! How about 3 sets of 10? Modified is ok too!
  • AmyNaylor7205
    AmyNaylor7205 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'M ADDING BOTH TO MY WORKOUTS!
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'll be checking out WII Zumba(borrowed from Library) today since not everyone has WII Zumba ---this can be a dance for 20 minutes challenge.
  • wadesha
    wadesha Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Weighted or no weight lunges 15 on each leg
  • sparadise
    sparadise Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Okay, Im in...I will not add though today. We may end up with more on the list than many people have time to do in a day! Im dreading the 20 minutes of dancing for sure. Guess I will have to watch some disney shows like Big Time Rush and dance with the kiddos!!! Yippy!
  • AmyNaylor7205
    Options
    OK, HERE IS AN UPDATE ON WHAT I HAVE DONE TODAY SO FAR

LEG EXTENSIONS---3 SETS OF 10
    DONKEY KICKS
    6 SETS OF 10
    STAND UP PUSH UPS----4 SETS OF 10
    CHAIR SIT UPS
    4 SETS OF 10
    REG. PUSH UPS
    3 SETS OF 10
    LUNGES
    3 SETS OF 10
    PUNCHES W/ WEIGHTS--5 SETS OF 10

30 DAY SHRED LEVEL 2
    60 MINS OF INTENSE CLEANING
  • 3ricaAnn
    3ricaAnn Posts: 288
    Options
    What about doing 3 sets of 20 rep crunches, followed by 50 jumping jacks.
    I am doing this and zumba. I'll see what else I can do from suggestions before the day is over :)
  • strivingforhealth
    Options
    Planks! Hold for 30-45 sec each and do 3-5!
  • atlraine
    atlraine Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I've completed:
    15 mins of walking (since I am doing Zumba tonight for 1hr)
    Leg extensions 3reps x 10
    Donkey Kicks 30ea leg
    Push ups 3reps x 10
    Lunges 15 ea leg (arthritis in knee-this is all I could muster)
    Wall push ups 4 reps x 10
    Sit downs 4 reps x 10
    50 jumping jacks
    Zumba tonight for 1 hour

Planking....hmmmm this was added later....what is it?
  • bstilland
    bstilland Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    brisk walking for 20 minutes
    WII Zumba for 20 minutes
    Will do leg extensions 3 sets of 10 and Wall push ups later this evening. This is new to me up to this point I've only been doing a 40 minute walk (slow pace) and Free Step WII. Thank you for posting this...do you post challenges every day if so how do I find them?
  • AmyNaylor7205
    Options
    adding 40 mins of walking 4.0 mph. I am DONE for today!!! lol
  • wlddove
    wlddove Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Okay, so I am way slacking compared to what all you guys did. I did 30 Day Shread, Level 1 and 20 minutes of dancing (DDR). But, if it wouldn't have been for this challenge, I probably wouldn't have done anything. I was feeling lazy by the time I got home.... So, Amy, thanks so much for doing this!!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    Options
    30 minute brisk walk (2 miles), push ups 3 sets of 10 (modified), lunges 3 sets of 10 each leg ( I did this and then realized she said 15 each leg!), leg extensions 3 sets of 10 (hard as hell), and I added 3 sets of 10 crunches. Drank water like crazy, 112 ounces! Poke me, I'm done!
  • MayMaydoesntrun
    Options
    SNAP! I did not dance! Ah, well, I'll be ok..
  • sparadise
    sparadise Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I did all the little things but I did not squeeze in my walking or dancing :( Will try again tonight!