Home or gym???

Options
2»

Replies

• c50blvdbabe
    c50blvdbabe Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I've done both. I prefer the camaraderie of the gym as I just seem more motivated. But since relocating my complex has a nice gym and the fact that I wake up at 415/430 and just have to walk, as opposed to driving 10 mins, to it I'm in there.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I like the convenience of home. No excuses.
    Pros: focus, wear anything, sing out loud, super sets...

A public gym may be better for some people.
    Pros: encouragement (visual, team...), equipment variety, knowledgeable clients...

I equipped my home gym with the tools that can help me achieve my goals. I visit forums and sites that can guide my form and help me stay on track. I go outside and play too.

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    mij140 wrote: »
    Home gym. I have my own power rack and all of the equipment I need. So much easier to go downstairs and lift than running out to the gym. I worked out in my flannel bottoms today. Lol.

Heh. I worked out in my flannel bottoms and a thermal top yesterday.
  • Archer2017
    Archer2017 Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lucky in that I have a decent gym in my house. Lots of weights, bars, bench, box, treadmill, pull-up bar, exercise ball, kettle-bell, foam roller, bands, etc. I'm looking at squat racks for the next piece.

Although it took a while to purchase these items, it's been worth it.
    I sometimes miss the selection at gyms, but I appreciate the convenience of having equipment at home. I can also not be concerned about what I'm wearing and save money on gas!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I do both. Dvds in the morning, weights or machines/treadmill/elliptical/bleachers/dumbbells at the gym after work. I don't have room for heavy free weights at home, or I'd probably try to build my own home gym. The gym at work is free, I just have to deal with it being closed on weekends and holidays
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. It can be a pain when my pets get in the way
  • von66
    von66 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I understand about the pets lol. Got a gorgeous king Charles cavalier that's on my mat fast asleep as soon as I get it on the floor!!! Home gym has got treadmill, spin bike, vibro plate, punch bag hung from ceiling, multi gym, Reebok bench step, kettlebells, free weights, bands, balls, rollers, rebounder, boxing gloves and pads and probably more when I start looking. Really need just to get on with it.
  • BootyShakingBadAss
    BootyShakingBadAss Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I've done both but definitely prefer home!
  • Baydogger
    Baydogger Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Home for me. I am more likely to lift or hit the elliptical if I only have to go downstairs. I run 3x a week and do it outdoors. It's been fun building my home gym piece by piece, getting it second hand at a good price. My daughter even joined me this week. She hit the elliptical while I lifted. I'm really proud of her and of my little space dedicated to health.