frustrated in portland

Options
Hi all. After losing a good deal of weight this summer, I not only fell off the wagon but let it run over me, back up, then run over me again.

So, I'm starting a fresh and hoping that by tracking my food and exercise in a log, I can hold myself more accountable for my choices.

I've never tried the on-line weight loss community before, but figure it can't hurt!

Replies

• colabird76
    Options
    Hi all. After losing a good deal of weight this summer, I not only fell off the wagon but let it run over me, back up, then run over me again.

So, I'm starting a fresh and hoping that by tracking my food and exercise in a log, I can hold myself more accountable for my choices.

I've never tried the on-line weight loss community before, but figure it can't hurt!
  • chelseachick
    Options
    You're going to love it. It helps keep you on track and the info in the database helps you make bettter choices. The people on the site are amazing and very supportive.
    good luck and welcome.
  • Coach2010
    Coach2010 Posts: 209
    Options
    You're in the right place. The MFP Crew are a great bunch of folks...super community of information and insights; and more importantly, inspiration.

Enjoy your trek with the MFP...and I encourage you to consider using the tools. Their great to track your efforts... Cheers! :drinker:
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Portland, too! This site has been great for me! I stayed stagnant for about 9 months with no weight loss but I'm back on the wagon myself. Everyone here is so helpful and supportive! Just take baby steps. Slowly but surely you'll get back to where you want to be! :flowerforyou:
  • colabird76
    Options
    great. this seems like an excellent tool, and i am enjoying the forums already. looks like you're making serious gains towards your goals. congrats!
  • colabird76
    Options
    i definitely intend to use the tools. i really like the way this site is set up. i'm feeling more motivated already.
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    Options
    Another Portlander here...I did just about the same thing, only about 3 times. So, it sucks...but that's reality. Time to move forward, right? Welcome! This is a great community. :happy:
  • Mlieb
    Mlieb Posts: 121
    Options
    It can be hard. I have moments where I do not want to even enter my calories in fear of facing my poor decisions already made. The key is to keep track so you have that mental note...no more food (or more exercise).

At any rate, welcome!:wink:

Melissa
  • colabird76
    Options
    thank you. we all have setbacks. point is to keep on trying!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know that you will love it here if you don't already, I do I love it so much. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.