shrinking stomach

Options
Wow, is it just me or is my stomach actually shrinking?? I mean, internally! I just cannot eat as much as I used to. I'm stuffed after a 3-400 calorie meal. Amazing!:happy: :happy:

Replies

• kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    At first I thought it said a 3,400 cal meal - I was thinking - sheesh, I HOPE you're stuffed!

It's a GREAT side affect to watching your portions - such a good feeling to feel satisfied, but not burpy and gross. Good for you!!
  • femmerides
    femmerides Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    me too! love it!
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    This has been one of my most favorite NSVs so far. Knowing that my body will only allow me to feed it enough to maintain my health is great. I used to have some pretty serious overeater tendencies.
  • cathynicolette
    cathynicolette Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I just started a few days ago and can't wait for the day this happens.:laugh:
  • dmvmk
    dmvmk Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am soo loving the feeling as well, I even get excited about what I am eating, who would have thought a baked tomato with tuna and peppers would have sounded and tasted sooo good:) Loving it!!
  • maribethp
    maribethp Posts: 13
    Options
    LOL K...there is no way I could even imagine eating 3-4THOUSAND calories in a DAY at this point!! I've kept it to 1200 while I recovered from a surgery and miraculously lost three lbs instead of gaining 10. Thanks MFP!!
    Love all of your tickers too. The trip to NY is inspiring!
    M
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I thought my stomach would physically shrink but learned that it does not. Your stomach repeatedly expands and shrinks as you put food in it and when it empties after processing the food.

Google is your friend here.
  • kgagnon7779
    kgagnon7779 Posts: 216
    Options
    When I started losing weight, I thought my stomach would physically shrink but learned that it does not. Your stomach repeatedly expands and shrinks as you put food in it and when it empties after processing the food.

Google is your friend here.

"Your stomach will adjust to proportions suitable for the needs of the average quantity of food you're used to taking in, in a single serving. Over time, eating smaller-portioned meals reduces the size your stomach is accustomed to inflating during mealtime."

So, it doesn't physically shrink, but theoretically it does.
  • maribethp
    maribethp Posts: 13
    Options
    That makes sense...psychological or not, I'm just glad to report I cannot eat as much food. I don't need to!