Lacking communication & support, I NEED some more social people! 250lbs+ want to loose 100lb+

Options
Hey Everyone!

I have been on this site since September 1st and have lost 24.5lbs so far. I love being on here everyday to put in all of my foods and workouts, check in on people, and SUPPORT one another. I am finding that my current group of MFP friends are starting to trail off and not communicate very much. I love posting questions and getting everyone talking as I find it helps me stay accountable.

I am 5'10 inches and my starting weight was 279lbs I do weekly weigh in's and measurements every sunday and post my results. I also create monthly goals for myself and try to encourage others to create mini goals as well. My current went is 254.5lbs and my HUGE MINI goal is to be under 200 as I cannot remember the last time I was under 200 and then after that I will reassess my goals and go from there!

If you like logging everyday, communicate, and want someone to help on your journey I would LOVE the add !! It gets a bit discouraging when your friends list start to trickle away and when you ask questions or for help you only get a few "likes" here and there but no one really talks !!

Hope to make some new MFP friends with this post !!

Replies

• stbynum88
    stbynum88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm not necessarily new to MFP but I'm definitely new to being committed to getting healthy and losing weight. I would love to be a support and receive support in return!
  • TheDrew85
    TheDrew85 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your current weight loss! I would love to add you and try and give you the motivational bump :) Keep up the great work!
  • lizzyh207
    lizzyh207 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I added you! Im very active on here and looking for more active people as well. I am also on a similar journey wanting to lose around 100 lbs.
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    Lbalyk wrote: »
    Hey Everyone!

I have been on this site since September 1st and have lost 24.5lbs so far. I love being on here everyday to put in all of my foods and workouts, check in on people, and SUPPORT one another. I am finding that my current group of MFP friends are starting to trail off and not communicate very much. I love posting questions and getting everyone talking as I find it helps me stay accountable.

I am 5'10 inches and my starting weight was 279lbs I do weekly weigh in's and measurements every sunday and post my results. I also create monthly goals for myself and try to encourage others to create mini goals as well. My current went is 254.5lbs and my HUGE MINI goal is to be under 200 as I cannot remember the last time I was under 200 and then after that I will reassess my goals and go from there!

If you like logging everyday, communicate, and want someone to help on your journey I would LOVE the add !! It gets a bit discouraging when your friends list start to trickle away and when you ask questions or for help you only get a few "likes" here and there but no one really talks !!

Hope to make some new MFP friends with this post !!

Good luck on your journey I'm sure you will get to where you want to be, just keep at it no matter what. All the best Carol
  • brahmergirl
    brahmergirl Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I need the motivation as well! I would love to join you! Awesome job on your 25# weight loss! You can do it! We all can, we just need that drive to keep us going.
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Hi I would also like to engage with more active & supportive MFP'S.
    I am older (67) and have a lot of weight to lose. I am so inspired by helloscott losing 147lbs is truly amazing.
    I have a real battle with the scales..as soon as they show a gain I start to feel hopeless, but generally am a positive person and am encouraging to others, so please add me if you are of a similar mindset..age should not really matter as we are all on the same path, to be healthy and look & feel better :)
  • 49Elle
    49Elle Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    PS i meants to say Lbalyk your weightloss to date is marvellous too :D well done
  • hogetfit28
    hogetfit28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey! How would I add you?
  • hogetfit28
    hogetfit28 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm new to group chat but in need of friends in same boat as myself! I'm 32, 5'11 weighing 250! I was 188 three years ago and hoping to get back to a healthy weight! I've had a lot of trauma and new medical issues arise so trying to get back to the old healthy me and it hasn't been easy as you all know!
  • kibbe1jc
    kibbe1jc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 5'6 250lbs and I've used MFP on and off trying to lose weight but ultimately always stop using it because I don't have many friends who actively use it which I feel would make it more engaging and fun to use. I would love to be your MFP friend in hopes that we can help each other in reaching our goals :)
  • dejavuohlala
    dejavuohlala Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    12dream wrote: »
    Hi I would also like to engage with more active & supportive MFP'S.
    I am older (67) and have a lot of weight to lose. I am so inspired by helloscott losing 147lbs is truly amazing.
    I have a real battle with the scales..as soon as they show a gain I start to feel hopeless, but generally am a positive person and am encouraging to others, so please add me if you are of a similar mindset..age should not really matter as we are all on the same path, to be healthy and look & feel better :)

Hi I am 69 and it is harder when you get older but can be done with patience, keep at it, I've been on here three years. Drop me a message if I can help at all good luck Carol
  • becca_rup23
    becca_rup23 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm on a similar journey! I'm 5'9 and have gone from 271 to 206 in the last year, and I'm having trouble sticking with losing and getting down under 200 but hanging in there! Feel free to add me
  • zgdijeta
    zgdijeta Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hi all, feel free to add me for support. I started with 171 kg (376 lbs) and now I am pushing 200 lbs, lost 170+ lbs and would love to support you all :-) Here is where I post my story http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/35993812#Comment_35993812
  • Heidi05231969
    Heidi05231969 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me. I need friends that are active on here also.
  • tinamarie6624
    tinamarie6624 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am 49 years old and started 2016 at 378 Lbs. I have lost 146 so far and just reached 232. I have about 117 left to lose. I also have set mini goals for myself all throughout this process. It helps to keep me sane to think of the smaller goals because I get overwhelmed when I think about the enormity of the big goal. One of my first major goals was to get under 300. I also do odd ones like arriving at 1/3 my goal and 1/2 my goal which I've completed. That was exciting. I have 2 mini goals set right now. One is to be 220 by my birthday on December 30 - which I'm on track for and the next one is to have less than 100 Lbs to lose and then comes the breaking 200 which will be exciting. I wish you the best of luck on your journey and I'm sure you will be very successful!
  • Never2Bz
    Never2Bz Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi and Welcome! I'm older than you but I'm sure glad you reach out and tell it like it is because weight loss effects all ages. I've been on MFP for 1,795 days and have had some great connections with people. They will come and go, but I recognize we have our good and bad times! You're welcome to add me to your buddy list! Good Luck, N2BZ
  • goddessecouture
    goddessecouture Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My favorite thing about MFP is the support and motivation from the community! I need it too! Btw, it sounds like you're doing great! Congrats!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have friend requested all of you. I have come and gone on MFP as well. I really need to find a group of members who would like accountability as well. Thanks for posting. I have 100# to lose!
  • goodreadsgal
    goodreadsgal Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Good morning all. Fresh start today. Have been reading success stories using MFP. This can be done.