Pregnant Ladies!?

Options
Hey! I joined weight watchers in Feb 2016 and lost 50 lbs with them. I have been on MFP off and on since 2013 with some yoyo success due to a lack of dedication. I quite weight watchers 3 months ago due to the cost and have managed to maintain my weight.

My husband and I are expecting in May 2017. I have found myself to be eating too much and I am concerned for myself and my bean, so I am here to have a free food diary to help me maintain going forward.

Are there any other pregnant woman on here? Add me up!

Replies

• catalinabay
    catalinabay Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I lost over 80 lbs with WW and recently have become pregnant so I have switched to MFP for now.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :smiley:

I posted this information on a similar thread the other day:
    Dr Hilary Jones who has a slot on Lorraine Kelly's morning show says most pregnant women need 2000 calories a day for first two trimesters and for the last bump those to 2200.

All the best for your pregnancy.
  • babypunkprincess
    babypunkprincess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I just had a baby 5 months ago (today!) And am now 10 weeks pregnant due June 2017. I lost all my pregnancy weight and then some now I over ate the last few weeks and am up a few pounds.

Right now my advice to u is what I'm going to do. Just track a healthy calorie amount and workout as u can.

My last pregnancy I REALLY over ate (wasn't losing weight prior) and gained 10 pounds in my first trimester lol. Once I started watching what i was eating and working oit I didn't gain anything in my second.

Your little babe is fine from now too. Don't worry :smile:
  • frannyupnorth
    frannyupnorth Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Actually the correct information is that that pregnant women should avoid dieting and only need to have an extra 200 calories a day in the last three months of their pregnancy. So you should be eating at maintenance for the first two trimesters. For the average woman of average height, that is typically around 2000cals. However, if you're very active, short or tall it will vary.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/July07/Pages/new-nice-guidelines-weight-pregnancy.aspx

Dr Hilary Jones who has a slot on Lorraine Kelly's morning show says most pregnant women need 2000 calories a day for first two trimesters and for the last bump those to 2200.

• LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Actually the correct information is that that pregnant women should avoid dieting and only need to have an extra 200 calories a day in the last three months of their pregnancy. So you should be eating at maintenance for the first two trimesters. For the average woman of average height, that is typically around 2000cals. However, if you're very active, short or tall it will vary.

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2010/July07/Pages/new-nice-guidelines-weight-pregnancy.aspx

thanks for posting I did use the word MOST (women) in regards to the 2000 cals but thanks for the link. :smile:
  • CountryGirl8542
    CountryGirl8542 Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    Anymore pregnant ladies looking for more mfp friends?