Built My Supply For Breastfeeding Now Ready To Loss All The Gains

Options
Lowing my calorie intake to 1500, i hope this doesn't affect my milk supply. I have been breastfeeding for 3 months already. Let me know what you think or suggest.

Replies

• littlebritttfit
    littlebritttfit Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    i breastfed both of my kids until they were 2... anytime i dropped my calories before 6 months postpartum, i definitely had a decrease in milk. at around 6 months is when they start eating solid foods anyways, so they're nursing less and i didn't have to produce as much. that being said, just make sure you keep up on your water. drink even MORE water to compensate for the cut in calories. i noticed that actually did help a lot... i don't know if you nurse on demand (i did) but that really helps also. and of course, if you notice a drop... increase your calories again and then maybe also increase your exercise to break a little more even. good luck!
  • maemommy813
    maemommy813 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    How did 1500 work for you? I have an 8 month old who nurses but takes solids. I was thinking about trying 1800, and eat back what I burn exercising.
  • FitnessRunner2017
    Options
    Thank you so much I'm drink 80oz of water a day, I am breastfeeding on demand I am going to keep you posted
  • alexpultz93
    alexpultz93 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Just to give you hope in my first pregnancy I started restricting at about 4 months post partum and it worked great for me and my son. There was no issue with losing supply. I was exclusively breastfeeding, but when I did pump to just have some extra on the side I didn't get a whole lot, but I also didn't make a point to do so from the get go. Oh, but with cutting I should mention I counted breastfeeding as an exercise. I ate veggies mostly, and by the end of the day if I had calories left I'd indulge in a treat if I was craving it. Still lost weight really fast and because of the treats didn't feel like I was killing myself. I was just eating healthy through the day to earn that treat.
  • fadiyah1
    fadiyah1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    So I have a question... My baby is 5 weeks and we are EBF around the clock! I adjusted my calories to 1800. Should I eat my exercise/step calories burned as well as daily calories? I have an up3 tracker that I linked to MFP so I know the exercise calories burned.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Given that you've given no stats, it's hard to say.

Set mfp to lose 0.5lb a week and eat back breastfeeding cals.