Lean cuisine, smart ones, atkins.....etc

Options
2»

Replies

• Alassonde
    Alassonde Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I eat these sometimes. I absolutely HATE cooking, so if my husband isn't cooking (he loves to cook!) I sometimes have one, or have them on my lunch. Some seem to be more filling than others. I like the Healthy Choice steamer bowls...they are more filling than some of the Lean Cuisine/Smart Ones. I do try to watch salt more on days I eat those.
  • RandiNoelle
    RandiNoelle Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I just had a Lean Cuisine for lunch (delicious pecan chicken!) after stocking up on them for the week. They're easy lunches for the office when I'm too busy (or lazy) to get something together in the morning.
  • RAinWA
    RAinWA Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    I like the Healthy Choice steamer bowls too for lunch sometimes when I get them on sale. I just bring some spinach in my lunch bag and mix it in with it to bulk it up a little and help get all my veggies in.
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan. I thought the taste wasn't very good and the portions were really small. I haven't had one in a few years though. I have become a pretty good cook and feel like my meals are better. I love to cook and usually make enough for a few meals. I do eat frozen pizza though - which I never ate in the past. I guess our taste buds change over time.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    They're gross
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Yes, they can help with portion control. I am sort of "off" them now and am preferring the Luvo brand (tastes more real to me). But they serve their purpose. Sometimes I don't have leftovers and it's all I can eat for lunch without sabotaging my caloric intake.
  • not_my_first_rodeo
    not_my_first_rodeo Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I used to rely on these for lunches. Nowadays I make my own food. That said, I probably got the best satiety from Kashi (until my grocery store stopped carrying that brand), then Healthy Choice, then Smart Ones, and lastly Lean Cuisine. They were high in sodium and they were not really feeling.
  • NancyYale
    NancyYale Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    In the beginning I ate them almost every day. As time went on I prepped most of my lunches but still ate them occasionally. You certainly can lose weight eating them. I usually add a half steamer bag of veggies to them to bulk them up.
  • KDar1988
    KDar1988 Posts: 650 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I'd rather have my own food. I find the meat can be tough in the frozen meals. But, I have found Smartmade frozen meals. They claim they are made with real ingredients. I do buy 1 a week for a night when the family is eating pasta (which I don't eat).
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    If you have problems with portion size, they can be helpful. When I ate them, I didn't find them filling or especially satisfying, so I would supplement with vegetables. I haven't had any of the low-cal meals in years. I do occasionally eat Stouffers or Marie Calendar's lasagna because I love lasagna and if I make it myself or eat out, I eat too much. My husband and I can split one and I don't feel guilty. OTOH, I eat it when I'm not especially hungry.
  • daniip_la
    daniip_la Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I enjoy them. Some days I don't have enough time to meal prep for the next day, so I can grab one of them instead of eating out. Saves money and calories that way.