Replies

• poll09
    poll09 Posts: 549
    Options
    Once a week at the nurse x
  • innerfashionista
    innerfashionista Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Every day. I know I'm not supposed to, but it keeps me from being paranoid.
  • souperficial
    souperficial Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every morning, even though you're not supposed to, but I only count it on Fridays. I feel like weighing in daily keeps me on track.
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    I just started weighing myself once a month.
    I do my measurements (gut, butt, and neck) every other week.

To me, that helps me so much more. If I fret about the lbs going on/off depending on the day then I can't handle it, get depressed, and eat 80 bags of potato chips with extra salt!
  • califigureeight
    Options
    Daily (and I take a picture of it). I only record it weekly, though.
  • sspetersen
    sspetersen Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I weigh in everyday too because it helps keep me motivated. Be warned though, if you weight everday you will see more ups and downs then doing it weekly :)
  • ivansmomma
    ivansmomma Posts: 500
    Options
    I asked this on a thread a few days ago. The majority was once a week, some weigh every day, or every two weeks. I prefer once a week, but do "cheat" and weigh every day sometimes. The weekly weigh-in is the one that counts for me and that is at the same time and same day of the week. Take care.
  • Kms2402
    Kms2402 Posts: 5
    Options
    I weigh myself almost everyday. Sometimes I skip if I'm really feeling yucky. If the weight loss sticks over a couple of days, I count it. Weighing myself every day got me frustrated when I fluctuated when I first started.
  • BethanyMasters
    BethanyMasters Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I'm a scale addict. I generally weigh in every day but if you do that you have to understand that your body fluctuates drastically and frequently.
    For me it used to be an emotional roller coaster but i've learned to understand it an live with it.

This week I actually put the scale away and had a 'no scale week'.
    It's actually been kind of stressful to not see my progress but it's been an interesting learning experience. It really opened my eyes to how addicted I am to the scale.

My suggestion is that if you don't have a scale addiction don't develop one by weighing every day. Once a week is probably best.
  • fitnhealthymama2
    fitnhealthymama2 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I WI a few times a week. I found by doing that I can see how different foods effect my WI due to sodium, etc.
    My "official" WI is only once a week - same time, same day, etc.
  • SeaChele77
    SeaChele77 Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Monday, Wednesday and Friday.

Monday to see if I did any damage over the weekend, Wednesday to see how well I'm doing in the week and Friday to see if I have any room to cheat.

it works for me. Better than every day which I used to do.
  • denisegetskinny
    denisegetskinny Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    So far, I have only weighed in once, two weeks ago. I'm thinking every two weeks.
  • HMToomey
    HMToomey Posts: 276
    Options
    Try for once a week but I sometimes will do every other week. When I'm dealing with my "monthlys" not at all because I'm already emotional enough! I was surprised to see the scale drop a pound today when I weighed in, had cake and ice cream twice this past week for birthday parties and I was feeling sooooo guilty! I go a lot by how I feel and look vs. what the scale says.
  • kaitlynnm10
    kaitlynnm10 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't own a scale and I don't plan on buying one either. I just go by my reflection and the way my clothes fit. Haven't figured out how I'm going to show my progress on MFP yet.
  • jagh09
    jagh09 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    Once a week - same time, same place, same outfit (my birthday suit). Your body fluctuates too much every day with water, etc. Every day would make me crazed!
  • brocantrs
    brocantrs Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Usually weekly, sometimes longer.
  • brown_eyed_girl_06
    Options
    I weigh in every morning just to see where I am at and to measure my progress/lack there of. But I only count it on Sundays because that ismy weigh in day.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,118 Member
    Options
    every now and then.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    A few times a week, but I only count it once a week. Trying to get over my scale addiction.
  • KristinC4
    KristinC4 Posts: 81
    Options
    I weigh myself a few times a week, in the morning before breakfast, but I only log my weight on Monday mornings.