Odd...Mmmmm?

Options
LAYLAH17
LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
Whenever I feel sore or really worked out hard/well the scale goes up...Has anyone else experienced this???

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Muscles retain water as they are healing/repairing themselves. So, seeing a weight gain in the days following a hard workout - is normal. Also, it isn't true weight gain and will likely come right back off after a few more days. :)
  • amberdaniels
    Options
    Yeah, no clue why...annoying..that is why i don't weigh at home anymore.
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    If you've worked your muscles out really hard they are probably retaining water, don't worry it's not a weight gain
  • LAYLAH17
    LAYLAH17 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Muscles retain water as they are healing/repairing themselves. So, seeing a weight gain in the days following a hard workout - is normal. Also, it isn't true weight gain and will likely come right back off after a few more days. :)
    If you've worked your muscles out really hard they are probably retaining water, don't worry it's not a weight gain

Ok, Awesome I was starting to feel a little Worried.Thanx...:smile:
  • tkdgirl23
    tkdgirl23 Posts: 36
    Options
    Wowww... I am going thru that exact thing!!!!! I was so upset this morning!

I have been working out so hard.. to step on the scale and see that it appears as if I have gained 3 lbs! I was in such a bad mood, and of course , feel that my clothes are tighter because the mind.. starts to play tricks on you. Ugh..

I hope this goes away.. and does this mean , I shouldn't drink so much water during weight lifting?:frown:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Wowww... I am going thru that exact thing!!!!! I was so upset this morning!

I have been working out so hard.. to step on the scale and see that it appears as if I have gained 3 lbs! I was in such a bad mood, and of course , feel that my clothes are tighter because the mind.. starts to play tricks on you. Ugh..

I hope this goes away.. and does this mean , I shouldn't drink so much water during weight lifting?:frown:

No. Drink MORE water when you've been working out. Your body needs the water to flush the toxins out. I know when you're retaining water it seems counterproductive to drink MORE water - but trust me when I say more water will help!