only counting calories

Options
Has anyone on this site lost weight only counting calories on MFP?

Replies

• MiniMansell1964
    MiniMansell1964 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    probably at least 50% of people.

CICO is ALL that matters for just weight loss
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    33 lbs and counting lost counting calories. Eating the foods I normally eat within my calorie goal.

ETA- After awhile you will learn what foods keep you satisfied longer and what foods to eat occasionally.
  • workinonit1956
    workinonit1956 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    I only count calories. I eat foods I like up to my limit. Works like a charm.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Here. Still going at it, but down 30 of 100 and all I do is count calories. It's the best decision I have made!
  • ole496
    ole496 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started MFP in April of 2016 and I've lost 49 pounds. I've tried just about every diet ever invented. When I decided to be normal for the first time in my life, it made all the difference in the world. All I do is count calories. I haven't really changed a thing, still eat pretty much whatever I want. I make smarter choices now than I did before because I made a promise to myself to be healthier. Other than that, CICO has worked for me!
  • vingogly
    vingogly Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes - 72 pounds.
  • RAxB
    RAxB Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    In February I was only looking at counting calories and while I lost weight it was extremely slow (5 pounds in 5 months). Then in August I also started watching my carbs and reduced those slightly while ALSO counting calories. That has worked remarkably well and I have lost another 28 since then. Just calories works for lots of people, but I needed to watch carbs too!
  • emjam99
    emjam99 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yep, I lost a little over 40 pounds.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I only count calories if you include exercise in the counting part. I don't track macros or anything like that. I don't even enter macros for my custom foods (too much work since we never make anything the same way twice). I would say my diet is low fat, high carb (i.e., fiber), because I am a vegetarian and that works for me. But I still basically eat what I want as long as it fits into my calorie goal for the day.
  • SylviaCherie
    SylviaCherie Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Following
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm down 120 pounds since Jan of this year with only counting calories ! I eat what I want if it gets in my count !
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I lost my first 20 or so pounds without exercise or using MFP...

Exercise makes things way easier because you expend more and thus can eat more and accomplish the same as logging alone.

Also, there are a myriad of health benefits that come with regular exercise.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    The majority of us I'd guess...
  • mbonacci12
    mbonacci12 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I do the low carb while still watching calories. I find that those food keep me satisfied longer. Never hungry.
  • myjourneyfromsize30to16
    Options
    Yes have lost near 2 stone so far, just counting cals x
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,989 Member
    Options
    danajobe64 wrote: »

Yep.

25 kg/55 lbs.

• samhennings
    samhennings Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    danajobe64 wrote: »

Counting calories is all you need to lose weight.

However, people tend to encourage exercise and resistance training to help ensure the result at the end of the process is that which you desire.

Many people lose weight but dont end up with the figure they wanted. They end up as smaller versions of how they were originally, or "skinnyfat".

I was one of the latter, lost my weight but didnt like the mirror any more than I did before. Having been in the gym for a while now Im a lot happier with how things are.

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!