Lost 100lbs and Need Motivation..

Options
I lost 100lbs over 2 years, since I've been struggling to lose the last 20 and lately have been overeating and gaining. I'm looking for female buddies to encourage and cheer eachother along the way.

Replies

• tamiluanna
    tamiluanna Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hitting that 100 pound mark is so exciting and also intimidating. Look at your photos, you're amazing! Be proud and celebrate your successes. I gained back 15 pounds and now I have to say I've lost 86 pounds instead of over 100. Don't lose those bragging rights!
    3474449k Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That is great. Congratulations. The things that have helped me the most are: 1. Make sure you get some good fat in your diet or you plateau. I use olive oil to cook my egg, 1 Tbsp peanut butter on toast, 4% cottage cheese, and full fat yogurt. 2. Eat at least 1200 calories a day. If you eat too little your metabolism slows down. With my walking I usually eat 1300-1400 and still have calories left over. I lose 2 lbs a week doing that. 3. Keep doing your journal no matter what. 4. Walk every day no matter how little. Sometimes you get out there and after a little bit you want to keep going. 5. If you mess up one day, just go right back to being good the next day or whenever you can. If you keep trying you will succeed, and if you just maintain you've already succeeded.

My granddaughter lost at least 120 lbs. She already had one child and she's kept it off through 3 more pregnancies. She could barely walk starting out and now she does 5ks (3.1 mi) in about 23 minutes. I am so proud of her. What has helped me is that I have a goal. I started out taking short walks several times a day. Tonight I ran/walked 3 miles in 45 minutes. My goal is to be in the top 50 female runners for a 5k in my age group in Florida. They have a magazine that lists that and I'm going to be on that list. After that I want to work my way up the list. If I do well, I will try to do that in other states also. If I'm 90 when it happens, then so be it.

You look great and what you have done is amazing. Keep me posted because I am so impressed with what you've done.