Just starting out..

Options
I used to run a little nothing major a couple of miles etc here and there but stopped to have my baby. Now i want to get back into it however i can't get out much due to three children so I've invested in a treadmil. It's completley diffrent to running outside and feel I am completley out of my comfort zone has anyone got any tips or advice on how i should start? I have started with couch to 10k could I do more than 3 days a week they say on the app? And any advice for a treadmil user?

Replies

• lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    You can can do C25K or C210K on a treadmill. Lots of people do. As I mentioned in response to your post in another thread, 3x week is recommended almost universally for a reason. There are lots of other exercises you can do the other 4 days.
  • ceridavies1991
    ceridavies1991 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thank you for replying.
    It's alot diffrent doing it on the treadmil but I'm enjoying it. At the moment im doing the 3 times a week and possibly more during that week but I'll repeat the c25k runs I've already done so im not pushing myself too far or I'll just have a walk on it in hoping that will be ok? I'm just worried about injury.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    Options
    to avoid injury:
    • Use a progressive program like C2K - so you've already got that covered.
    • Wear good quality running shoes - it you're in the market for new shows get a gait analysis done to determine the right type for you.
    • Don't try to run too fast too soon - Practice with the treadmill at fast walks and jogging speed until you feel comfortable.