Fruit Sugar - to cut it down or not

Options
2»

Replies

• marquesajen
    marquesajen Posts: 641
    Options
    Looks fine, except maybe water down your apple juice.
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    ... Don't give up your fruit. Now the apple juice you need to get rid of unless it's organic. it's over processed and honestly has nothing nutritional about it. Same thing with other processed foods you may be eating...

Agree. I would rather replace the apple juice with a real apple (with skin = fiber). I'm glad to see someone eating a good number servings of fruits and vegetables.

You might want to watch out the raisin. Grapes itself is very high in sugar among other fruits. May be just smaller portion, or not eating everyday.
  • shesnotthere
    shesnotthere Posts: 117
    Options
    If you're steadily losing, I don't see what the problem is? Keep going and you should lose the belly fat. I personally don't believe that you will suddenly start losing from the stomach faster because you are eating less fructose at your weight level. On the other hand, there are many people that believe high carb diets make you put on belly fat. In the end, fruit has anti-oxidants that are important in cancer prevention and are anti-aging. If it's not slowing your weight loss, I personally would be hesitant to cut it out of my diet! Ditch the juice and choose high-antioxidant fruits instead.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Um, in my opinion. Skip the juice and have an actual apple with a glass of water or something in stead. It's probably way less calories as well as less sugar. Unless you drink tiiiiny, tiny glasses of juice, like, 10 milliliters tiny.
  • jayb0ne
    jayb0ne Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice. Really appreciate it. The general consensus is to ditch the juice. DONE! :)

I reckon I'll try switching out a piece of fruit for some veg instead. Maybe swap a peach for some pea pods or celery batons. I'll see if I notice any difference and adjust to my body.

Thanks everyone :)