Can't Say No

Options
So, I have discovered the one food item that I just can't say no to. I can't kick it out no matter how hard I try, I eat it with almost every meal, I can't say no when it is in front of me at a restaurant (and I live in Texas, it is at EVERY restaurant!), and i am feeling pretty certain that I will forever eat it! So, the magic food is: TORTILLA CHIPS! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:

I was just curious if anyone else has discovered the one thing they can't seem to get over??

Replies

• jesusgrl14
    Options
    So, I have discovered the one food item that I just can't say no to. I can't kick it out no matter how hard I try, I eat it with almost every meal, I can't say no when it is in front of me at a restaurant (and I live in Texas, it is at EVERY restaurant!), and i am feeling pretty certain that I will forever eat it! So, the magic food is: TORTILLA CHIPS! :bigsmile: :heart: :bigsmile:

I was just curious if anyone else has discovered the one thing they can't seem to get over??
  • Erica92627
    Options
    yes!!!!!! yes!

We'll here's what you do, once those chips are gone, and they ask if you want a re-fill try to resit that, I did that once.. :tongue:

I would say that is the one thing for me also.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    chips and salsa..........its a madness I think but I love them and the only food we go out for is usually mexican and of course there they are, calling my name so I eat them to shut them up and then ask for some of their little friends so those can be devoured too! :laugh:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    Options
    Mine would have to be coffee.....and i refuse to stop. It is one of my vices and I don't have many.

dd
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    Yeah, if chips and salsa are put in front of me I can't resist. But if I have to ask for them, then I can pass. But in Texas, most mexican resturaunts just automatically bring them out and you can't be rude....I mean, they made all that effort to bring them to your table and all....so whatcha gonna do??? Eat them of course, don't be rude!!!!
  • jesusgrl14
    Options
    Mine would have to be coffee.....and i refuse to stop. It is one of my vices and I don't have many.

dd

Yeah, I don't think I will stop either. I do limit myself to a serving if I am at home. It's when I am out that usually gets me! :grumble:
  • beanyspoon
    Options
    Teacakes. They are so nice with the chocolate, marshmellow and biscuit! However, since I've given up chocolate for Lent I can't just go and devour one right now, no matter how much I really, really want to.

I'll have to try not to over do it come Easter, 'cause I know I will just have to have one!
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Cheese! Mmmmm...cheeeeessssseeeee...

Have you ever tried making your own chips? You can just get corn tortillas, cut them into wedges, spray them with a tiny bit of olive oil, season them with salt and whatever else you like, then bake them. They turn out fairly good and are way better than the low fat store ones.
  • catlover
    catlover Posts: 389
    Options
    The tortilla chips are tough for me because I make an absolute awesome salsa that everyone asks for when they come to visit, and we get a lot of company. So....there is a lot of temptation. It's one thing I miss, eating the 4 cups of salsa and the whole bag of chips at one sitting. :grumble: In Texas they not only bring the chips without asking, but they bring those awesome little sopapias at the end--FOR FREE--and they did it in Oklahoma, too. My aunts were shocked when I told them in Washington I have to PAY for sopapias if I want them. :laugh: My personal weakness would be coffee, which I've decided to continue, in moderation, one cup every morning, with creamer, but I do measure the creamer so it's only the 2 T and if I'm ever around an oreo, they can kiss themselves goodbye. :drinker:
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    The tortilla chips are tough for me because I make an absolute awesome salsa that everyone asks for when they come to visit, and we get a lot of company. So....there is a lot of temptation. It's one thing I miss, eating the 4 cups of salsa and the whole bag of chips at one sitting. :grumble: In Texas they not only bring the chips without asking, but they bring those awesome little sopapias at the end--FOR FREE--and they did it in Oklahoma, too. My aunts were shocked when I told them in Washington I have to PAY for sopapias if I want them. :laugh: My personal weakness would be coffee, which I've decided to continue, in moderation, one cup every morning, with creamer, but I do measure the creamer so it's only the 2 T and if I'm ever around an oreo, they can kiss themselves goodbye. :drinker:
    Ohhhhhhhhhh, I forgot about sopapias!! I haven't had those in forever!!! I used to make them at home!!!!!!!!!! Love em with honey or cinnamon/sugar......mmmmmmmmmmmmm
    Thanks for the memory!!