Time of day to weigh yourself?

Options
Am I the only person who weighs more first thing in the morning after going to the bathroom but before drinking anything. I have been testing this theory all week and on average I weigh less at night before bed than first thing in the morning. I will also weigh less after working out, drinking lots of water, and showering than I do first thing in the morning. Does anyone else have this issue? When do you find the best time to weigh yourself is?

Replies

• TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    The best time def. once you wake up after bathroom before eating or drinking anything. That's my opinion anyway :P
  • MsKeelah919
    MsKeelah919 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Wow! It must be personal to each individual. I have tried diff. times of day to weigh myself as well, and I find that I weigh least in the AM, AFTER my workout.

Before-more
    Afternoon-more
    Night-even more
    But right after that workout.. HAPPY SPACE!! :)
  • Suitelady19
    Suitelady19 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I find that I ALWAYS weigh less first thing in the morning after using the bathroom. I've tried different times per day, and have chosen to stick with first thing in the morning.
  • Tori_356
    Tori_356 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do it first thing when waking up when I feel lightest (no food in me yet), after going to the bathroom and, naked haha.
  • makeachange22
    Options
    how late at night do you eat? because you may be eating really late at night making yourself weigh more the next morning.. because first thing after peeing and no drinking anything in the SAME outfit or naked every week gives accurate results for baically everyone
  • anna_lisa
    anna_lisa Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    for whatever reason my lowest weight is around noon before I eat lunch.
  • abirdy
    abirdy Posts: 36
    Options
    Dr. Oz said to weight yourself first thing in the morning, but I do agree with you sometimes I do weigh less at night...
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I'm with Tina- I weigh first thing in the morning, because I think it is the most accurate (least variable). I can imagine that I would weigh less after a workout- but that would be a false weight d/t being dehydrated from the workout.
  • vwbug86
    vwbug86 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    The best time def. once you wake up after bathroom before eating or drinking anything. That's my opinion anyway :P

Agreed. I find that if I way myself in the morning I consistently weigh less. Although there are no hard and fast rules, so as long as you do it the same time everyday I think it will work out fine.
  • PamelaPittman
    Options
    I agree. First thing in the morning
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week, in the morning, before eating, with an empty bladder....:-} and take into account what night wear I may be wearing at the time...:-}
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    The best I find to weigh oneself is at the crack of dawn when you wake up. I have come to notice that at that time, things don't get tossed in a fierce projectile manner across the bathroom after viewing one's weight. But if one weighs oneself in the evening, prepare for hell raising.
  • tklahn
    tklahn Posts: 4
    Options
    the best time/most correct time is the same time of day no matter when you decide to do it. That way you have a true base. Also our bodies flux about 2lbs +/- daily and throughout the day. I dont know why but women have more of a flux than men.
  • mjhuff1121
    mjhuff1121 Posts: 112
    Options
    I also do weigh myself first thing in the morning, after using the bathroom. That is my most consistent weight.

Side note: If I weigh myself several times thruout the day, and they come out different, I say I weigh the highest weight, because, well, if I CAN weigh that much, then I need to push myself to work harder so that highest weight no longer exists. :)
  • Kolohe71
    Kolohe71 Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    The exact number on the scale is not nearly as important as consistancy. If you always weigh yourself in the exact same way, at the same time of day and on the same scale then you can see the overall trend. Who really cares if your 1/2 lb lighter at 10 am or 1 lb heavier before you go to bed. We all fluctuate 3-4 lbs during the day! If you're consistant in your measurement technique, then the only variable is your true weightloss.
  • emmylou1011
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. I have always done the once a week/first thing in the morning weigh ins but I recently joined a fit club that meets at 10am on Fridays and found that a few times I weighed less at 10am than at 5am. That's why I did the one week of weighing throughout the day. I am going to go back to once a week at the same time (probably the 10am fit club) and hide my scale at home. Those things are horrible and will drive anyone crazy! :)
  • LushLoni
    LushLoni Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I weigh the same usually, last thing at night as first thing in the morning. i tend to weigh more after my work out... so I stopped weighing myself after my workout...