Sushi?

Options
2»

Replies

• Heidi1987
    Heidi1987 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I love sushi, i could eat it every day!!

I go to yo Sushi alot, here is a link to their nutritional info, might be useful as it haas pictures of each type of sushi s might help

http://www.yosushi.com/static/downloads/4237YO!SushiNutritionalBooklet291110.pdf
  • bliskandklesk
    Options
    my favourite is the dragon roll! (barbeque eel) mmmm, i could eat eel all day everyday ;D
  • colbiegirl
    colbiegirl Posts: 138
    Options
    Eel seems sooo creepy to me. I might try it, but it would definitely be one of my last choices. :P
  • sandrinamsilva
    sandrinamsilva Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Don't eat sushi from Chinese food places, it's not real sushi!! I know a lot of people that were turned off to sushi by eating nasty chinese buffet sushi.

I love all types of sushi & sashimi :) My favorites are fatty tuna and salmon, they taste almost buttery and have a really nice texture. If you're not ready for raw stuff, a good choice would be to stick with california rolls and other rolls that are similar (they have cooked crab but no raw fish), even if you want a little raw fish in a roll it might make you more confident since it's in a nice little package instead of a slab of fish :P They also have sushi pieces that are cooked--one of my husband's favorites is BBQ's Eel, really good!

OMG - I forgot to mention that- NEVER EVER HAVE *BUFFETT* SUSHI!!!!!! Not only have I had too many food poisoning cases where my clients ate at one and got miserably sick, Sushi is an art form- mass production is for chicken nuggets http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/10/04/mechanically-separated-meat-chicken-mcnugget-photo_n_749893.html

Definetly sit at the bar and watch them make it- not only is it cool, but when you see all fresh ingredients, you feel ever better about what you are eating. Rice, fresh fish, veggies- you can't go wrong. Unless it's fried ;-)

I made this mistake.... GROSS!
  • aprilfiege
    aprilfiege Posts: 28
    Options
    My favorite is the cucumber roll, no seaweed with wasabi and soy sauce .... HAHA, all my friends who are "real" sushi eaters think I am lame but I actually really like it and am not afraid to eat it LOL!