hey! I have pcos & I want to be your friend.

Options
I'm 25, my name is kade, I'm a barista, and I live in a cramped apartment with my boyfriend and our roommates, another couple.

we live for convenience and we drink (great beer) like we work - hard, and often. talk to me about beer. I love to learn.

I live the coffee life, and I work essentially full time as a shift supervisor at Starbucks. crushing debt, food problems, image issues, and PCOS are my best friends.

I'm trying to make a change, because it's time something goes right. let's support each other!

Replies

• Annemarie80mfp
    Annemarie80mfp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a poor sufferer as well feel free to add me X
  • sinthumurali
    sinthumurali Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I too have PCOS and managed to lose 18lbs and with the winter gained 7lbs... but will continue to do what I did and gonna stay strong. I'm a vegetarian and will be happy to be a part of the group
  • bethlind23
    bethlind23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Another Pcos lady here. Been ups and downs for years but hopefully I can make myself stick to it this time.
  • ambitiousclaire
    ambitiousclaire Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I'm another PCOS member
  • missartthang
    missartthang Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Heyyyyy back on MFP after a long PCOS journey...Thirty-something art teacher who loves her boston terrier alot. Making my health a priority more than ever. Seeking to/for support "cysters" ;)
  • LoonaSkye
    LoonaSkye Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm another cyster! I would love to talk to you all regarding what you guys are doing to deal with pcos.
  • bethlind23
    bethlind23 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I went to see a nutritionist last year specifically about PCOS and diet and stuff...generally here's the low-down on that. A ton of dark leafy greens, lots of superfoods (berries and stuff like that), make sure you're getting good healthy fats (eggs, almonds, avocados, olive oil, seeds, etc), and if you're eating carbs go for whole and unrefined grains (brown rice, quinoa, Italian Farro, bulgar, etc...the husk or whatever it's called has all sorts of good stuff in it). Also avoid at all costs refined sugars and corn syrup which can hide in all sorts of stuff (pasta sauces, condiments, etc). Very important to get all your colors in a day and avoid "inflammatory foods" (which differ from person to person mostly, but some consistent ones are coffee, chocolate, legumes, etc).

Hope this helps!
  • Melbie61
    Melbie61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I also have PCOS. I'm 25 years old. I was diagnosed as a teen. Succesfully lost weight after my endocrinologist put me on metformin. Now 3 children later I'm back up to the heaviest I've ever been and hope to get back down to a healthy weight.
  • erikasusanne721
    erikasusanne721 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You got this! I also have PCOS. We can lose weight and be able to get this under control again.
  • jagodfrey08
    jagodfrey08 Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS, too. I was diagnosed after having 3 kids. I also have prediabetes. Feel free to add me!
  • Kally2202
    Kally2202 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was recently diagnosed with PCOS too. I'm hoping that MFP will help me to get on track. Feel feee to add me!
  • melplacrosse
    melplacrosse Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a 45 year old mom of 1 with PCOS and Celiac's. I need help getting started on the weight loss journey.