what, when and where

Options
Ok I need lose weight and get back in shape. Previously I used to go gym and do classes. I desperately need to get back in shape. Just wondering what everyone does.

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I lift 4 days a week and try to get at least 10,000 steps per day.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I run, and bike, and do a bit of resistance work
  • MsAmandaNJ
    MsAmandaNJ Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    Yoga (7 times a week), elliptical or rowing machine (5 days a week), weights (3 days a week)
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    I lift 4-5 days a week.
  • Grammytryingtogetfit
    Options
    Walking, jogging and water aerobics. Just now trying to incorporate some strength training.
  • von66
    von66 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I do 10000 steps daily. I want to lose weight and shape up. Got home gym and DVDs but if I'm honest with myself I tend to workout harder in classes. Did clubbercise last night and loved it. Did 20 minute The Firm DVD tonight. I will struggle to do anything at weekends. I just need get going and keep going. Fitness band tonight saying 12,258 steps done.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    I lift three days in my home gym and run three days on the ATV trails around my house. I am currently doing mid-afternoons because my gym has good afternoon lighting and it is the warmest part of the day.
  • von66
    Options
    I'm awful at keeping to a routine. Can't really afford go back into a gym contract but love classes and just paying for them when I go. Just need motivate myself at home more so I can be consistent and get results.
  • mikepicher
    mikepicher Posts: 23 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Crossfit 5 days a week, sprinkle in some running during the week and then running or cycling (too cold now though) on the weekend. Winter will shift to some hiking (or snowshoeing) and doing trail maintenance with hand saw.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    I walk every day, run 5 days a week, and do assorted weights/calisthenics/yoga etc. on days I don't run.
  • aussieketogal
    aussieketogal Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I go for a quick hike up the mountain 5 days a week. Started some resistance training at home for my upper body, step at least 10k steps a day, take the dog for a walk and try to include short sprints/jogs to keep the heart rate up.
  • jennybearlv
    jennybearlv Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Routine is the only way I stick with it. I have to say I will do this program on these days, or it just won't happen for me. Classes can be a great motivator. I used to have success with classes when I lived near a community center where you paid up front for 6 weeks of classes. When they were included in my gym fees I went inconsistently. I live ten miles from the city now so my home and the outdoors are the only places close enough to be convenient.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I exercise at home if I exercise at all. I plan my calories in my food diary before I eat them.
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I keep my eye on the ball.

Okay, I play tennis. And I strength and circuit train for power and endurance.

I do what I like. And train to be better.
  • von66
    Options
    I'm quite spoiled really..... live in the country lots of hills, leisure centre with gym, classes, pool and courts across from my house, other classes nearby, home gym, DVDs..... that's the problem I think too much choice!!! Need to knuckle down and get on with it.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    Workout 6-7 days a week and try to get 0 steps in a day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,980 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hit 1000 km of walking in 2016 yesterday. On pace with last year. :)

I incorporate exercise throughout my day.

I walk as part of my commute to and from work.
    I walk at lunch.
    I walk after work.

I climb flights and flights of stairs at different times during the day at work.

Sometimes I lift weights and/or cycle after work too.

And then I do the bulk of my exercise on weekends. That's mostly cycling with the occasional decent hike or half-day of canoeing or couple hours of the gym.
  • BeeerRunner
    BeeerRunner Posts: 728 Member
    Options
    I started with P90X3. Lost 30 lbs in 90 days. I've been running since January, lifting weights, and yoga.