Low carb diets

Options
Hi,

Does anyone know of a good "low carb" plan to follow. I'm not looking for something super restrictive (like Atkins), but somethiing I can maintain because I've noticed that I'm a carb junkie and I believe that's what has made me gain weight.

Any help you can offer me would be appreciated! :)

Replies

• freerange
    freerange Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Does anyone know of a good "low carb" plan to follow. I'm not looking for something super restrictive (like Atkins), but somethiing I can maintain because I've noticed that I'm a carb junkie and I believe that's what has made me gain weight.

Any help you can offer me would be appreciated! :)

Primal. Marksdailyapple.com
  • arotella
    arotella Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • ppiinnkkmmoonn
    Options
    protein sparing diet might be good for you as it takes you away from most food and give you a chance to start over it works talk to your doctor about it though:smile:
  • Katryna_Mae
    Options
    Hi!

The 17 Day Diet really was easy to follow. You end up eating a lot of different foods and try different forms of carbs. Instead of the rice, flour, bread... You don't feel like eating any of that stuff because you are so full.

I finished the diet a long time ago and ended up adopting the eating plan as part of my everyday lifestyle.

Enjoy!
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    I think Southbeach is pretty reasonable. I found the book at Goodwill.
    The Zone is pretty good too, but I haven't been able to find a lot of free/cheap resources/recipes etc.
  • scottaolszewski
    Options
    There is a book out there by Bill Philips called Body for Life. It gives you the proper types of food, and if interested how to do a proper workout program. I do not get any money from talking about the book but it does help out in eating and putting meals together and if needed a workout program as well. Hope this helps,

S
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    I don't follow any low carb diet...but I have been taking out carbs slowly and methodically on my own...everything in moderation...I cut out all breads, rice and pasta because I have a sensitivity to gluten, but you can cut down those and get the lower carb diet you want...For instance you could make lean hamburgers with lettuce leaves instead of a bun...I love them and have them all the time...you can also buy lower carb tortillas and probably bread...I try to keep my carbs to under 100 a day and most of the time I try to keep them lower than that...and try to eat complex carbs instead of the simple ones...you will stay fuller longer because your body will process them and use them slower...drink a lot of water and cut out your soda and sugary drinks that will help a lot...basically just look at your overall diet and find areas that you can cut carbs without feeling too deprived...hope this helps...blessings !
  • blackchick41bb
    Options
    will be starting the 17dys diet tomorrow