Ready to lose the baby weight...and then some!

Options
Hi! I'm Amanda, and I was blessed to have a baby girl 8 weeks ago. I was big before I got pregnant, and I gained 25 pounds during my pregnancy. I found the app for my fitness pal on my phone, and I LOVE it! I'm ready to lose weight to be a healthy example for my family.

Just one question...do most of u follow the calorie amounts suggested by my fitness pal or make your own?

Replies

• nmescalera
    nmescalera Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    i just tarted about a month ago and i follow the one on here. i think wonce i get more used to doing this and feel comfortable i can change it to my own things :0) welcome :0) feel free to ad me if you would like
  • purplecait1212
    Options
    Hi! Welcome to MFP and congrats on the baby! This is a nice site to connect with people who have the same goals.
    In regards to calories, if you follow the set up and all your info is correct then I would go with what MFP says for calorie guidelines, at least to get started. You can tweak as you go and find your groove.

The one thing that has really helped me is a heart rate monitor to accurately track my exercise calories.
    Feel free to add me as a friend- you can do it!
  • ladysusuk
    ladysusuk Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi there, im the same iv gained 2 stone from my pre pregnancy weight. after my son was born in december the weight fell off due to breastfeeding. its now crept back up again!!! iv lost 10lb in 3 weeks after starting diet and cal counting. the doc okayed my for eating 1000 cals a day. this is only because i have terrible back pain which is stopping me getting back to work. its a good site, just be carefull that if you are breastfeeing you need the extra calories. hope this is helpfull x
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    I gained 65lbs when i h ad my son! This site is the best place to come you will drop it in very little time if you stay on track. :)
  • laurabarrett79
    laurabarrett79 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and best wishes with your new addition to the family. I too am a fairly new mom (7 month old) and I have the same goals as you. I started working out and eating better the day after my "6 week" postpartum check-up. I've had some success, but I needed an actual plan. I just started MFP about two weeks ago and love it, hope you do too! Like the others have said, if you're breastfeeding be sure to add the extra calories needed so you can support your milk. Good luck!