Reading the label isn't always the same as...

Reading the label isn't always the same as visually seeing just how much sugar is in juice or any sweet drink for that matter.

I weighed this out this morning to attempt to 'shock' my man and thought I'd take a snap shot to share here.

I was actually surprised at how light sugar really is and the overall qty in the two litres of juice.

Disclaimer: I love Bundy juice but as delicious as it is, I won't be drinking any juices until I am happy with my weight loss.

zqi1p1yzesg8.jpg

Replies

• aussieketogal
    aussieketogal Posts: 73 Member
    I definitely think the exercise of physically weighing and seeing for yourself is something everyone should try.

Sometimes even photos and videos just aren't the same.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    What kind of sugar is that? Looks pretty good lol.

• aussieketogal
    What kind of sugar is that? Looks pretty good lol.

Raw brown sugar
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    It's scary, isn't it? The only thing I've pretty much cut off since losing weight is drink calories, and typically if I have some it's just for a bit of skim milk in my coffee (when I order out, or it's just too hot for me to drink).
  • ChicagoVeggie
    ChicagoVeggie Posts: 18 Member
    Isn't that lemonade, not juice?
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,646 Member
    Um.. ok.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    That's the sugar I use on my kettle corn. It's tasty.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Am I the only one who is not at all swayed by visuals like this? It makes no difference to me what the equivalent in granulated sugar looks like. I know what my calorie needs are, and I know that I have no interest in blowing 150, 200 or more on a beverage, regardless of what nutrient caused them to be so calorific.

Not me either.

I never (even before losing weight) was into sugary beverages because I knew they were crazy calories for how satisfying they were (for me), but knowing the calories was way more compelling than seeing sugar weighed out.

Also, having baked things that involved sugar in the past seeing a bunch of sugar used for a whole--I assume 200 grams is the whole, or that stuff is insanely high calorie for a serving--doesn't seem shocking. You use a good amount of sugar in a batch of cookies too, and yet the total sugar in a cookie is like 10-15 g (going by some I've made).
  • dragon_girl26
    dragon_girl26 Posts: 2,187 Member
    edited December 2016
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Am I the only one who is not at all swayed by visuals like this? It makes no difference to me what the equivalent in granulated sugar looks like. I know what my calorie needs are, and I know that I have no interest in blowing 150, 200 or more on a beverage, regardless of what nutrient caused them to be so calorific.

Not me either.

I never (even before losing weight) was into sugary beverages because I knew they were crazy calories for how satisfying they were (for me), but knowing the calories was way more compelling than seeing sugar weighed out.

Also, having baked things that involved sugar in the past seeing a bunch of sugar used for a whole--I assume 200 grams is the whole, or that stuff is insanely high calorie for a serving--doesn't seem shocking. You use a good amount of sugar in a batch of cookies too, and yet the total sugar in a cookie is like 10-15 g (going by some I've made).

Good point about the baked goods. I'm sure the cinnamon rolls I made this morning, or the piece of cake I had earlier this week, are probably similar on the sugar scale. It isn't going to stop me from eating them, though, as I know it's the calories that affect weight loss, and not the sugar. Plus, as someone who bakes and decorates cakes as a hobby, the amount of sugar pictured above doesn't seem too bad, comparitively.
    Plus, I'm not a sugary drink fan either. Usually they are WAY too sweet for me.
  • aussieketogal
    Isn't that lemonade, not juice?

Bundy Juice is a brand name that make all sorts of juices and this is a homemade style lemonade.

Not everyone is counting calories. My husband certainly can't be bothered.

It was drinking drinks like these without thinking that helped make us gain weight in the first place. I just thought it was an interesting exercise to see how much sugar was in the drink.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Pretty food scale