HELP! Need to lose more inches in just 4 weeks

Options
Hi All!

So I am in a weight loss contest at my local gym. The contest is based on greatest weight and inch loss percentages. I am currently sitting in 2nd place.....only half a pound off first but 1st place is 5 inches ahead of me.

So what can I do to lose more inches??? I am currently working out 7 days/week - 60+ minutes. I do about 40 minutes of cardio and then circuit training.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help:)

Replies

• Jessabelle12
    Jessabelle12 Posts: 145
    Options
    Jilian Michaels 30 day Shred. :smile:
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Jilian Michaels 30 day Shred. :smile:
    Agreed! I lost 3 inches in 10 days with this (and using the elliptical trainer too)
  • tabi26
    tabi26 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, and life more weights. Muscle will 'rearrange' your body so you will be slimmer :)
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You can cheat a bit by eating asparagus before the weigh in/measure - it makes you lose water weight so you weigh/appear a little slimmer
  • 3cmomma
    3cmomma Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions...is the 30 Day Shred something I could do at the gym?

As for the asparagus...cool, I might just try that :)
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 Day Shred along with the mat work from No More Trouble Zones and from that + watching the processed carbs I've lost like 12 inches in the last month.
  • dezignz4u
    dezignz4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    what is the 30 day shred
  • cheesesandwich
    cheesesandwich Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the suggestions...is the 30 Day Shred something I could do at the gym?

As for the asparagus...cool, I might just try that :)

It's something you can do anywhere that has a few feet of clear space ... but toting DVDs to the gym might be kind of awkward? Unless you have a phone or iPad you could play it from.
  • dandyforman
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred is a workout dvd that's seriously intense. I'm still sore from my first day of it :D
  • Jcmantler
    Jcmantler Posts: 2
    Options
    Avoid salt at all costs...it makes you retain water. avoid long cardio sessions that you're used to...CHANGE CHANGE CHANGE. Sprints, raising and lowering your heart rate...B12 type vitamins right before working out....I'm a big fan of 5 hour energy or 4c energy drink mixes (by the crystal light in your grocery store) for what they look like check here: http://www.4cstore.com/product_list.asp?HDR=search&SEARCH=febrush. I also aim for high protein ....eggs for breakfst (one whole and one white), Chicken salad for lunch, fish and veggies for dinner (usually with a slice of bread and butter or wine as a treat!)
  • dezignz4u
    dezignz4u Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Just finished my first day of Jillian Michaels 30-day Shred level 1... very good work and its a 20 minute work but its not an easy 20 minutes ... steady and a very good work out ... wow ...