Reasons why I am gaining weight

Options
Okay so I have fixed my eating habits and I am feeling much more energetic and better so yay :) but I am still remaining under my daily calorie goal and yet I am gaining weight everyday. In less than 2 weeks I went from 49kg to 51KG . I stay below my calories during the week and just eat some junk on weekends. I dont understand how I am gaining weight
Do you have any ideas?

Replies

• antdelsa
    antdelsa Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Could be the junk on the weeknds, could be the calories are too low, could be your nutrition or all of the above

What specifically have you fixed with your wating habits? Whats junk? And whats your daily caloric intake
  • healthy491
    healthy491 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »
    Could be the junk on the weeknds, could be the calories are too low, could be your nutrition or all of the above

What specifically have you fixed with your wating habits? Whats junk? And whats your daily caloric intake

I increased my calories from 1100 to 1400-1500 during the week
    Junk is just half a pizza and some chocolate or pancakes
  • healthy491
    Options
    If you are not weighing your food on a digital scale, you do not know. This has been explained in the last 20 threads you've started. Just reread the advice, it hasn't changed.

I am weighing my food on a digital scale
    Thats why I am really accurate
  • healthy491
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    This was answered for you last week:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/comment/38229566

2 kg, roughly 4.4 lbs, is not a large amount of weight to gain when increasing calories. In addition, you have a post history filled with discussion of your amennorhea (lack of a period) due to undereating. If all is going well, your reproductive system will start working properly again and you are likely going to start experiencing more water weight fluctuations due to that.

I think you would do well to get counseling. At the very least, I think you should step away from the scale for awhile.

I thought about getting counselling but its expensive and its something I can live without
    I mean I truly think that i am just ignorant when it comes to food and weight .
    I had no problem with increasing my calories. Its the rapid weight gain that is bothering me
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,922 Member
    Options
    healthy491 wrote: »
    I stay below my calories during the week and just eat some junk on weekends. I dont understand how I am gaining weight
    Do you have any ideas?

Well ... that's exactly how I hit my highest weight.

• healthy491
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    I stay below my calories during the week and just eat some junk on weekends. I dont understand how I am gaining weight
    Do you have any ideas?

Wow thats scary
    Did you cut out junk completely ?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    you don't log, so how do you know how much you're eating?
  • healthy491
    Options

I log on my Fitbit App as its more convenient
    It says I burn about 2000 calories and eat an average of 1500 during the week
  • Machka9
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »
    Do you have any ideas?

Wow thats scary
    Did you cut out junk completely ?

No ... I started tracking what I was eating and my exercise so that I knew I was consuming fewer calories than I was burning.
  • Machka9
    Options

I log on my Fitbit App as its more convenient
    It says I burn about 2000 calories and eat an average of 1500 during the week

You know fitbit sometimes has issues with over-estimating the amount of calories you're burning with exercise, right?

Why not try logging your food here (that's what MFP is for!) and logging actual exercise (not every single step you take), and then eat half your exercise calories back.
  • Machka9
    Options
    The OP is 5'3" and 110 lbs. Her gynecologist has advised her to gain weight. She does not need to lose anything more. She needs counseling.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478153/amenorrhea/p1

Gotcha!

OP ... listen to your gynecologist!
  • CattOfTheGarage
    CattOfTheGarage Posts: 2,750 Member
    Options
    If you are transitioning from a really low calorie diet to a more reasonable intake, it's normal to see a jump in weight due to increase in water needed to digest the larger amount of food.

Would you be better on the "Goal: Gaining Weight" forum rather than the General Weight Loss forum? People here are going to be focused on weight loss, which is the opposite of what you need.
  • crzycatlady1
    crzycatlady1 Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    The OP is 5'3" and 110 lbs. Her gynecologist has advised her to gain weight. She does not need to lose anything more. She needs counseling.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10478153/amenorrhea/p1

Can the mods intervene here?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    antdelsa wrote: »

No. No it cannot be that the calories are too low.
  • alexismoham
    alexismoham Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm going to guess its the junk on weekends. You may be undoing all the hard work you are putting into this during the week. Limit junk without limiting yourself. Everything in moderation. If you are waiting until the weekend to indulge, you could be over doing it. I suggest incorporating this into your daily caloric intake and making room for it, you can continue to enjoy eating and not pay for it at the end of the week.