wondering who has been in gain/lose cycle and for how long?

Options
I have been gaining and losign the same 4 pounds since the end of April. I am losing inches. But I bounce between 204 to 199. and that is weekly. One week I will be 200, the next 204, the next 199, then back up to 204. Did anyone break the cycle? and how long did it last?

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have been going thru this for the last 2 weeks. & i have only been dieting for a lil over a month now... its driving me crazy. I would like to hear the advice on here for sure....
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    i pigged out for a day, gained a few and then went back to dieting. It broke the cycle for me. I remember sitting at the 200 mark for what seemed forever though. Just keep with it and it will drop.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I have been jumping from 171 - 173 for the last two weeks. So I am doing some different things with workng out. I have read about people changing up thier calorie counts every so often. Hope things start going better for you!
  • deesjourney2fit
    Options
    I've been trying to lose this weight for 2 years. I have a hard time getting to below 205. It's like I hit 205 and freak out then gain several pounds back. It is soooo frustrating!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    Options
    I've been wavering between 187 and 190 for the past 4 weeks. I started the 30 Day Shred 12 days ago to change up my exercise routine and get the weight moving. It hasn't yet, but I AM losing inches and my husband commented out of the blue last night that I look more muscular. :happy: So this week I started zig-zagging my calories. I hope that will do it! If it doesn't, I'll just keep plugging away and try.....I don't know what! :frown:
  • alz139
    alz139 Posts: 36
    Options
    Hi, that's been going on with be for the last 3 weeks. I have gained and lost the same 5lbs. Last week, I had my plan changed: more intense workouts and a few changes to my food. I have a weigh in on Monday so wont know till then if this has worked. Got my finger crossed though! Sorry I'm not much more help.
  • Jessika616
    Jessika616 Posts: 41
    Options
    Ive been at those exact same lbs for 3 months now...well actually 4... Sigh
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    me too, 2 pounds up and down for a whole month...
  • cl2k4
    cl2k4 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I cycled between 153 and 158 from January to May! I've been losing for about a year now and have dropped like 28 pounds total but that 5 month period made me really want to give up again! What ended up working was keeping on track during the weekends too. I would be under during the week and take a day off saturday where I would eat a huge brunch, then cheeseburgers and beer, etc. I decided to fill my weekends with mountain hikes instead of an afternoon at the bar and it really worked! out of the cycle and at about 150. (I still have a glass of wine occasionally though.)

Also I have more variety in my workout. whereas I used to only do the elliptical, now I bike, hike, and do the stair master too. I think that if you do the same type of exercise every time your body acclimates to it and those muscle groups become efficient enough that the workout loses its effectiveness.
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I am trying calorie cycling next. I trade my workouts out weekly. I have lost 93 and that came off easily but these last 59 are whooping my butt