Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

wondering who has been in gain/lose cycle and for how long?

I have been gaining and losign the same 4 pounds since the end of April. I am losing inches. But I bounce between 204 to 199. and that is weekly. One week I will be 200, the next 204, the next 199, then back up to 204. Did anyone break the cycle? and how long did it last?

Replies

• DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,345 Member
    I have been going thru this for the last 2 weeks. & i have only been dieting for a lil over a month now... its driving me crazy. I would like to hear the advice on here for sure....
  • masanz1
    masanz1 Posts: 65 Member
    i pigged out for a day, gained a few and then went back to dieting. It broke the cycle for me. I remember sitting at the 200 mark for what seemed forever though. Just keep with it and it will drop.
  • calebespnsmommie
    calebespnsmommie Posts: 111 Member
    I have been jumping from 171 - 173 for the last two weeks. So I am doing some different things with workng out. I have read about people changing up thier calorie counts every so often. Hope things start going better for you!
  • I've been trying to lose this weight for 2 years. I have a hard time getting to below 205. It's like I hit 205 and freak out then gain several pounds back. It is soooo frustrating!
  • brendalyne
    brendalyne Posts: 497
    I've been wavering between 187 and 190 for the past 4 weeks. I started the 30 Day Shred 12 days ago to change up my exercise routine and get the weight moving. It hasn't yet, but I AM losing inches and my husband commented out of the blue last night that I look more muscular. :happy: So this week I started zig-zagging my calories. I hope that will do it! If it doesn't, I'll just keep plugging away and try.....I don't know what! :frown:
  • alz139
    alz139 Posts: 36
    Hi, that's been going on with be for the last 3 weeks. I have gained and lost the same 5lbs. Last week, I had my plan changed: more intense workouts and a few changes to my food. I have a weigh in on Monday so wont know till then if this has worked. Got my finger crossed though! Sorry I'm not much more help.
  • Jessika616
    Jessika616 Posts: 41
    Ive been at those exact same lbs for 3 months now...well actually 4... Sigh
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    me too, 2 pounds up and down for a whole month...
  • cl2k4
    cl2k4 Posts: 6 Member
    I cycled between 153 and 158 from January to May! I've been losing for about a year now and have dropped like 28 pounds total but that 5 month period made me really want to give up again! What ended up working was keeping on track during the weekends too. I would be under during the week and take a day off saturday where I would eat a huge brunch, then cheeseburgers and beer, etc. I decided to fill my weekends with mountain hikes instead of an afternoon at the bar and it really worked! out of the cycle and at about 150. (I still have a glass of wine occasionally though.)

Also I have more variety in my workout. whereas I used to only do the elliptical, now I bike, hike, and do the stair master too. I think that if you do the same type of exercise every time your body acclimates to it and those muscle groups become efficient enough that the workout loses its effectiveness.
  • spinaddict4life
    spinaddict4life Posts: 93 Member
    I am trying calorie cycling next. I trade my workouts out weekly. I have lost 93 and that came off easily but these last 59 are whooping my butt